[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just general advice: when is it okay to try to get back together

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

just general advice:

when is it okay to try to get back together after a break up? when is it a bad idea?

just post your overall thoughts on this. no specific situation here.
>>
>>18313408
>when is it okay to try to get back together after a break up?
when both of you miss each other and want to get back together
>when is it a bad idea?
when only one person really wants to get back together, and the other is just going along with it for lack of better options
>>
Never. You obviously broke up for a reason, and if you get back together its only from leftover feelings that will die again.

Just stop.
>>
>>18313435
Dumb advice. None of this stuff is black-and-white like that. There are some situations where you'd be right, but there are also lots of successful relationships that were on/off a few times

By that logic, there's no point in starting a new relationship with a new person either, because those feelings will die too, and we will all die one day
>>
>>18313448
Youve never had a reason to break up with that person before, thats a huge difference for one.

Break ups cause drama and bad memories. Time in between spent with other people causes TONS of drama later down the road.

In 99.9% of cases, youre better off just starting clean.
>>
>>18313458
well obviously if you get back together, then you've mutually decided that whatever reason actually WASN'T a reason to break up, right? So either it won't be a problem anymore, or you've learned how to deal with it and found a solution as a couple?
>>
>>18313504
No, thats what I mean. Most the time its purely off of emotion, not from actually working through past problems.

And never underestimate women's love if bringing up the past
>>
>>18313521
*of
>>
If you and your ex parted ways semi-amicably (both a little salty) how would you go about uh, tracking them down to "bump into?" I really just crave conversation with someone who "got" me, been pretty down lately.
>>
>>18313553
make new friends, my friend
>>
>>18313618
I don't want to, I want my old life and friend circle back :(
>>
>>18313640
Can't go back, dedicate your energy to moving forward
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.