[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My bf is 17 and his parents are threatening to commit him into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (59KB, 800x509px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 800x509px
My bf is 17 and his parents are threatening to commit him into a psych ward. He's told me the entire story and I feel like it's really wrong, but can't find any information about it at all.
He was diagnosed with depression and has a therapist, but he never threatened his parents or his own life. So can he be involuntarily committed?
I'm scared because he's really scared. They basically hate him and next time he argues with them they said they're gonna take him to the hospital.
>>
He is 17. One more year and he is legally free from his parents. If you can't wait for that try for emancipation. That doesn't work, you can probably get him legally free from his parents if they have been that much of an asshole to him. Look up various legal offenses you could nail the 'rents with (harassment, abuse, etc.). You could talk to your own parents about it, their help will go a HUGE way no matter what.
>>
He probably can be involuntarily committed in special circumstances, but if he's only diagnosed with depression and isn't at risk of killing himself (or others) I don't think anyone would commit him to a psych ward, even if he asked.

If his parents really hate him and are trying to fuck up his life he can call child protection services on them, those people take these things very seriously. But you're only hearing one side of the story here, I don't think everything is as he makes it sound.
>>
>>18312684
That's true but I've witnessed his parents many times so I believe what he says. Obviously he has problems, but they're trying to use them against him.
They couldn't just say "he's acting erratic" or lie and say he said he was suicidal, to get him committed?
>>18312680
Parents won't let him move out, they'd call the cops on him. And apparently you can't get emancipated if you're ""mentally ill""?
>>
>>18312716
>And apparently you can't get emancipated if you're ""mentally ill""?
i'm pretty sure that for tards and the likes, people that can't function without outside help
>>
>>18312612
Calm down. Emotionally abusive parents will be emotionally abusive. How do you think it works?

>Hello hospital? My kid here is mental. Put in rubber room pls? :DDDDD

They're saying that to undermine him, that's it. They want to be in charge so they play with his fears. Just tell him to keep his head down and avoid his parents for the next few days and things will be just as usual. Don't take their words too serious when they're mad.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.