[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be last night >live in the same apartment building as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 1370975375939.jpg (55KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
1370975375939.jpg
55KB, 600x598px
>be last night
>live in the same apartment building as my ex
>only broke up a few days ago, I'm ruined
>cant sleep, stressed out and very warm, go to the balcony around 4:30am for a quick drink of water
>see my ex coming back from a night out and taking another guy into her flat already

It hurts. A lot. Like having my chest smashed over and over with a brick.

>share the same social group (early 20s to early 30s)
>friends have made clear they won't "take sides"
>I can't be around her at all though, hurts too much while she's already taking some other guys dick
>so basically I cant hang around my own friends, because she's always involved

How do you deal with this shit /adv/, breakups are bad enough but when you live so close you can see each others flats AND share the same social group, holy shit how do you get the space to heal?
>>
What were you thinking when you got into this relationship?
>>
Life moves on man, you should too. Learn what you can, feel what you must and minimze your losses. Don't bother to understand her, as far as you're concerned she's a dumb who and she can go fuck herself. Focus on /you/ instead.

>>18311873
Chill, captain hindsight.
>>
You fucked up by getting with a girl who gets over an ex by fucking strangers just days after the breakup. You should have figured she was like this from her personality, she was your girlfriend afterall.
Even worse, you shared friends and both live very close.

This is your fault for having a poor judgement of character, and not thinking ahead. Never share the same friends as your girlfriend, especially without knowing her.

Move away, find new friends and learn from your mistakes. Or get over her, which should not be too hard with how shes acting.
>>
>>18311879
Wow butthurt virgin detected.
There is nothing wrong with instant rebound for emotional relief. If you can't accept that prepare for lifelong bitterness. Also don't tell someone to "get over her" as tangible advice, you are setting up failure.
>>
>>18311884
>"There is nothing wrong with instant rebound for emotional relief"

No wonder the West is going through an existential crisis.
>>
>>18311869
kill them all
>>
>>18311884
Op clearly cant handle that she is like that, i was just pointing out how poor his judgment of character must be to not have foreseen she would do these things.
And i did tell someone to "get over her" so fuck off and go shout virgin at any other advice you disagree with. How about you give some of your own instead? I personally feel to handle a girl cold enough to use instand rebound as emotional releif in such close proximity to her ex requires some cold advice, using the fact that she is like this is already a big step to getting over her.
>>
>>18311891

Don't listen to this one as tempting as it is. It's not worth it
>>
>>18311869
Why did you break up?
>>
>>18311907
She had been inconsiderate/disrespectful the previous weekend, didn't seem to care and made no attempt to amend things so I broke up with her on principle even though I'm in love with her.

As I say, I ended things on principle and not because I really wanted to, so shit still hurts like hell.

None of my friends have seen that side of her so they all really like her, I've not even bothered trying to explain that she had shown really high levels of apathy towards me and the relationship last week.
>>
>>18311924

ugh anon, very immature on both ends. Won't get into it, but it clearly shows your relationship wasn't founded on solid ground to begin with. Try to learn something from it.
>>
>>18311873
Great sex and an instant bond. We spent pretty much every day together for 6 or 7 months. Previously she had gotten to know my friends casually before I met her, but I didn't think she would become such a core member of the group.

>>18311877
I know to focus on myself, but I just feel so isolated. Last night my friends were at her place for drinks before going out, but advice can't be around her I was sat in my room alone all night... before trying to sleep, failing, going to the balcony and seeing her alive back at her flat with some guy.
>>
>>18311869
Fuck, anon, even reading this makes me feel like utter shit
this is hell, fucking hell on earth
>>
>>18311929
Care to explain how I was immature?

She had been very inconsiderate/disrespectful, I explained to her the problem (pragmatically), but she acted as if she done nothing wrong and then ignored me for days.

I don't think ignoring your partner is a good way of dealing with things, basic consideration & respect are essential in my eyes.
>>
>>18311869
Well, there are several ways of coping with a breakup. Your ex is seeking emotional relief through physical intimacy and sex with strangers. That's one way. It's not a very nice way, but you unlike many people here say, that is not something that's easy to predict. And even if you get the feeling that your gf is a person who would react to emotional trauma like that, what are you going to do about that when you are in a working relationship with her right now.

So, yeah, it sucks. It's soul crushing and painful. It's going to take time but someday you will get over it. Try to do something to take your mind of. Throwing yourself at work or going to a gym are the usual suggestions.
>>
I'll just say that if you want to still have your friends in the future you need to start hanging out with them again soon even if she's there. Them saying they won't take sides is bullshit and eventually they'll start looking down on you.

How was she immature?
>>
>>18311952
It is very important to give someone space when you're fighting. They need time away from the situation to look atit with clear eyes. In your case it sounds like she isn't very trustworthy so I wouldn't worry about it too much. You need to remove yourself from her circle of influence and never look back. Cut ties. It hurts way less than watching her and not being able to touch her.

On a side note I broke up with my long term girlfriend almost a year ago now and stalked her on facebook because I was still in love with her, and then we got back together because it drove me insane. If this is hinestly not the beat option for you take my advice and turn away completely or you could very likely relapse. Go through the withdrawls, weather the storm, and do your best to move on. It's going to take a long time to get over it, but you will get over it if you keep moving forward. Don't look back, don't wallow, don't mope, just keep climbing the mountain. Invest what energy you can muster into something you can be proud of, and don't worry about what anyone else might think of what you're doing. Talk to yourself like a long list friend. Time for you OP. I wish you well.
>>
>>18312019
I'd hang out with them but I don't want to be a downer and ruin the mood.

I've tried that with previous less hurtful breakups and even then I could barely talk to anyone in the presence of a recent ex, all my energy went into trying to keep my composer and reminding myself over and over why the ex wasn't good for me. I was stuck in my own head all night, barely saying a word.
>>
>>18311869
Fucking move, goddamn and don't give me you can't, cause you fucking can.
>>
>>18312195
It's just a warning.

I stopped hanging with a group of friends because of a girl rejecting me. I did that for a brief period of time for the same reason as you. Now I'm not invited anywhere and if I show up to a gathering they won't talk to me.

People are vile and terrible.
>>
I had to delete my ex on social media and ask her not to contact me again. I ended up deleting her friends too, because they'd keep 'liking' something she posted and I'd accidentally see. It took some discipline, but I've not looked at any of her profiles for over 2 years. I have no idea what's going on in her life, or whether she's still with the guy she got together with after me. I'm much happier not knowing.

That's just me though, I'm sure lots of people are able to move on in a healthier way and keep their ex in their life. Trying to do that just made me feel shit all the time though - I think social media really makes it difficult to go through the natural healing process after a relationship - so I think this was the only option for me. Asking her not to contact doesn't have to be a nasty or aggressive thing either - I just told my ex that I found it difficult to keep her in my life and that I'd rather start again anew without her, and she said it was a shame, but agreed.
>>
Detox from social media. When my ex of four years dumped me I unplugged from all social media venues for a few months. I focused on forming a life of my own without my ex.

I met new people, drove alone at night a lot, played a lot of guitar, got a new job, started visiting the local Asian massage parlor (Helped immensely. You feel loved there.), and completely cut off my ex. Zero contact whatsoever. My advice is ditch your friends. If any come back and hit you up in the future, they're on your side.

Also read this article: http://www.askmen.com/dating/doclove_100/123_relationship_expert.html

Watch the movie Swingers, too. It'll help.

Your ex did the worst thing possible to you. Cut you off and started fucking other men. She's dead to you, her loss. NEVER take her back, never text her back unless she's begging for dick, and even then only gift her with a load on her face and gtfo.

When you truly tell yourself and believe deep down that when she hits you up in the future, you will ignore it because you don't want her back. You will never take her back and you'll meet someone 10 times better (as long as you don't let this hinder your growth and self-improvement.)

The pain goes away in a few weeks if you do exactly what I said. Change your thought process before it destroys you.
>>
>>18312275
>>18312306

Agree on detoxing from social media. I've already removed her from Facey B, blocked her on messenger and asked her to remove my number from her phone. That's not out of spite, I just want as little contact as possible.

I can do that online but avoiding her in real life is going to mean avoiding friends quite a bit for a while and I worry how long that's going to take.
>>
>>18312364

Bro if your friends are disrespectful enough to hang out with a girl who dumped you, you shouldn't care that you're cutting them out. That's part of the process is completely removing yourself from your old life.

Friends who reach out during this no contact period are the ones who truly respect you and have your back.

My friends don't associate with my ex and go out of their way to make sure nobody invites her to parties and nights out. Hanging out with your friend's ex is like hanging out with a guy who mugged them.

Stand up for how much you truly value yourself by moving forward with confidence towards your new life. Get excited for the great friends you meet that are more aligned with your current state, the great girls you'll attract that are better suited for you and excited to get to know you, how attractive you're going to become as you continue working out/developing a new style/gaining new understanding of social skills/etc

Trust me, bro. My ex dumped my last year, we dated from 2012-2016. I didn't start feeling like myself again until I let go completely of everything that I had to force to happen, and just went with the flow of my life. Things that are meant to be don't require force. If you are stressing over the current politics of your friend circles, it means it's time to take your leave of absence (at least for now.)
>>
>>18311869
this is why you don't fall for the relationship meme, fuck a whore my dude
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.