[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't take living as a dropout. You get shit on at every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1452357311369.png (471KB, 1005x654px) Image search: [Google]
1452357311369.png
471KB, 1005x654px
I can't take living as a dropout.

You get shit on at every family gathering. Nobody respects you anymore. Any effort at picking up the pieces and trying to recover is referred to in patronizing, condescending terms. And even if you do eventually go back to college and graduate one day, they will never stop talking about the first time you failed. There is no forgiveness.

I can't drive because I have no money for lessons, and not even the retail stores want to hire me.

Is military enlistment my last chance for a comfortable life? I was considering Army, is that a good idea?
>>
>>18311528
No, it isn't the only chance. Enlist in a community college, get your grades up and reapply. If you want to take a military route use it to help pay for your education.
>>
>>18311547
to get back into college I need money, they''l snap and throw me out if I take student loans.
>>
>>18311555
The military does a great deal to help with paying for college if you give them a few years of your life. When you talk with a recruiter ask them about the path to college and how they can help. Otherwise consider a trade school. Don't think your life is over. You can be extremely successful without college as well if you have a plan. Generally though it is a safe bet to go to college or a trade school.
>>
>>18311566
I'll do anything that gets me to be autonomous at this point.

Could the military help me get into trades?
>>
>>18311528

You're more than likely a drop out because you're lazy. I know really, really stupid people who managed to finish their degree.

Have you made steps to becoming less lazy? If you haven't done this, you'll end up doing the same thing if you do get into college in the future.
>>
>>18311602
I'm afraid that question is more suitable for google or a recruiter.
>>
>>18311610

Lol savage af anon
>>
>>18311640

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to come across as savage. I was just suggesting that OP looks at the reasons why he dropped out, rather than going back because of what his friends and family think.

If he still has the same mentality as he did when he dropped out originally, it's highly likely he'll do the same next time unless he identifies his behaviour and changes it.
>>
>>18311610
>have you made steps to becoming less lazy?
yes, but the damage is done.
>>
>>18311653
>because of what his friends and family think
The bridge is already being burned, I'm doing it for myself at this point.
>>
>>18311528
You're wrong about something:
If you succeed, there will be no mention of your failure. The only mention is "everyone walks their own path!" Or "as long as you finish what you started, it doesn't matter how long it takes"

Succeeding once you've failed is a very normal thing. It shows tenacity, and it is actually very much admired by others. Michael jordan didn't make his high school basketball team. If he had given up on basketball and not tried out in college, he wouldn't be where he is today.

Look up more examples of famous people who failed and then redeemed themselves if you don't believe me.

Failure is a very normal part of being a human. Almost EVERYONE fails in some way or another. What measures your character is your ability to pick up the pieces when you fuck up and PROVE to yourself and everyone else that you CAN do it.
>>
>>18311528
you'll stilll go back home to your parent's house though.
>>
>>18311528
a lot of people arent good drivers, dont sweat it. as long as you drive slow and dont cut anyone off, you can be a driver. and dont drive a stick shift.
>>
>>18311759
Why?
>>
>>18311837
are you gonna be paying rent elsewhere?
>>
>>18311860
I'm going to live in the barracks.
>>
>>18311528
Make a rap album about it.
>>
>>18311528
You went for an education. And you still have that, not to the graduate perhaps but keep your mind sharp and you're good.
>>
File: 1494512856313.jpg (42KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494512856313.jpg
42KB, 600x400px
get the fuck over it dude .
I'm a drop out and I retired at 25 , so gg.
fuck school, it was a waste of my time should have retired at 16.
also no matter what you do you will never be respected.
now I live a comfy life in a van down by the river, cause that's were my mine is and I'm making bank with no job and no boss.
your fate line is your own, you are your only god.
>>
>>18311957
>get the fuck over it
I mean you aren't surrounded by people who want to control your life and hate you at the same time.
>>
>>18311528
>>18311919
Armyfag here.

Military's not so bad. But I do recommend Air Force, because Army can get pretty ridiculous sometimes. Either way, it's how I got my free college, probably how I'll get my Masters and Doctorate as well.

What questions do you have?
>>
>>18312015
Not op.

If i want to get into the intelligence community, do you still recommend air force? I want to join the army as 35f, intel analyst while i work on my degree in accounting
>>
>>18311957
i assume you know how to work on your van and shit? that'd be a pretty useful skill for everyone to learn. also sounds like you don't generally pollute as much as most of the population does.
>>
File: laughing.jpg (262KB, 1600x1003px) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
262KB, 1600x1003px
It sounds like you have a shitty family.
>>
>>18312015
Op here.

How long does it take to leave from enlistment to basic? I heard that it can be a few weeks to a year. When you go to MEPS, does a recruiter pick you up and take you, or do you need to go yourself?

Is the 6 year contract worth it if you're infantry or some other combat role?
>>
>>18312268
Just get off your ass and go to a recruiter as soon as possible, he'll have answers to all your questions
>>
lmao
Was in a similar position, kept being told how much I'd regret dropping out. Went back to school and am now working coop jobs well above what many of those people make.

FeelsGoodMan
>>
>>18311528
Military is great...IF...
>you willing to die for your brothers and your country?
>you willing to kill?
>can you handle gore?

You better check out on all three.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.