[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you invite your boyfriend/girlfriend out to dinner to a restaurant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 43548.jpg (20KB, 278x182px) Image search: [Google]
43548.jpg
20KB, 278x182px
If you invite your boyfriend/girlfriend out to dinner to a restaurant for your birthday, are you supposed to pay for them?
>>
You can argue both sides. Personally I think it's in bad taste to invite someone out for your birthday and not make it your treat. Also because you are probably picking a place that you like more than something they like, that might be a bit expensive for what they can afford etc. They provide their company and gifts already. You are supposed to let them share in the festivities and not demand more, the way I see it.
>>
of course, don't be a cheap piece of shit
>>
You "made" them come to entertain you so it's proper etiquette that you pay for their "services"
>>
>>18311478
It's really up to whoever wants to pay. you suggested the occasion so If they don't offer to pay just pay for it. No point making a fuss about 50 dollars or less.

Normally I always split the bill with people.
>>
>>18311563

What an autistic and bitter way of viewing it. Ignore this loser.

It's considered polite to pay. You're asking to celebrate their birthday with them, so it's acceptable for you to cover the bill. If they asked you to come along with them, splitting the bill would be okay but if you were generous, you could pay as well.

It has nothing to do with goods and services and everything to do with etiquette. Something I am sure the guy I quoted has absolutely no understanding of.
>>
>>18311583
>you're asking to celebrate their birthday with them

You are asking them to celebrate your own birthday with them, not their birthday. That's why the OP is asking.

I think if you invite someone somewhere, you should be prepared to pay or at least split.
>>
>>18311478
"Hey, it's my birthday and we should eat at some fancy place. You pay though."
>>
>>18311621

Of course - I didn't read the original post correctly! You're right with your answer, either pay or split.

But I do think it's strange that you'd have to ask somebody out to celebrate your birthday. Surely they should be asking you if they're a partner.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.