[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I leave my small town to go be homeless in the big city

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_2049.jpg (84KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2049.jpg
84KB, 500x750px
Should I leave my small town to go be homeless in the big city for my music career?

I'm FUCKING sick of my small town cucking me. All my urban peers are decades ahead of me career wise with less effort. Even if I got a job and tried to save this place has a way of trapping you. It's haunted and no one will fucking believe me. Everyone is like HUR DUR use SoundCloud save up tens of thousands of dollars to move to la even though if you do that you'll still be in a useless part of la for meeting bigheads DERP DERP

By the time I actually saved money and moved there properly my young years would be up and my good looks won't be able to land me a job anymore. I have to go NOW I'm taking the greyhound to NYC and sleeping on public benches and I have a friend there who's an ex gang member from Harlem who told me to sleep on the train and put everything in my moms name.
>>
>All my urban peers are decades ahead of me career wise with less effort.

Ever heard of the internet before? Because you're scapegoating your failures away as if you haven't.

Step 1: make something awesome
Step 2: get it out and about
Step 3: find someone who will line you up as a studio tech or whatever so you can afford rent

>I'm going to go be a hobo in NYC
Are you aware that NYC is one of the worst damned places to be homeless? It's a great place to be if you have money. How are you going to make quality music if you're struggling to keep from freezing to death? Where are you going to record if you can't afford a damn roof of your head?

Also: stay the FUCK out of California. I don't care what anyone tells you good about the place; it's all lies. The only thing making California better off than Venezuela is the presence of the few remaining mega-corporations which haven't solved all the logistical challenges of fleeing the state yet.

Just learn your damn skills and create a valuable product. Also thanks for reminding me; that's what I need to do too.

You'll never be a celebrity. If you practice 8 hours a day for 10 years then you'll be the one playing the actual music while a celebrity twerks on stage and lipsyncs.
>>
>>18311067
>suggests Internet when I clearly mentioned that in my post

Fuck off timewastingfag
>>
>>18311022
So you can't get your career started despite cozy life and think you'll be able to do it as a hobo worrying about your next meal? That's not how it works, nigga.

>you'll still be in a useless part of la for meeting bigheads
None of them is going to meet a hobo or care about what some hobo wants to say. You need a valuable product and the most easy way to test whether it's valuable is the Interwebz.
>>
>>18311117
Music is all about meeting people and looks retard not files you upload on the internet. You're just a virgin and justifying sitting around all day.

If you make a good song it's either going to get stolen by a real artist or a rapper will use your beat for 300 dollars make a hit and you'll never sell a song again.

Don't be retarded. Oh wait you're a cracker you can't help it and you're afraid of the city.

Metro boomin moved to his Atlanta for his career. Any rapper/producer/artist was in a city when they got famous.

Google it retard. Show me one artist from a small town. This is why you'll go nowhere in life besides a cubicle and contemplating suicide all day because you're a sweaty virgin and can't figure out why.
>>
>>18311022
You can't do shit in a small town. Anyone with any ambition should move to a city for better opportunities. That bit's fine.

Moving to a city and being homeless is not fine. Couch surf, stay with family, literally anything. You're fucked if you're in NYC (or any city) with no money and no home
>>
>>18311141
>I have a friend there who's an ex gang member from Harlem who told me to sleep on the train and put everything in my moms name.
Also, what do you mean by this? Are you going to go off to NYC and bill your mum for everything or is that a misunderstanding?
>>
Yes. You have to be located in a renowned creative capital to benefit from that scene. You'll encounter more people at the top of their game in that environment. Your work will carry more weight by virtue of simply being from that place.

That doesn't mean you should go there as a literal hobo. You are thinking about making a move to benefit your career and that is a sensible thing, but why would you consider such a move under such ridiculous doomed to fail circumstances?

People with talent tend to gravitate towards areas which offer opportunities. You'll find better scenes and individuals as a result. What I did is a got a scholarship to an institute which gave me accommodation and purpose when relocating though I still worked evenings and weekends. My gf's sister bought a boat and lived on the river to be close to London.

Equally though you've got to realise that most acts are no longer discovered and signed these days. They are created. Scenes are no longer plundered by A&E in the same way since green day and that whole thing, they just do scientific new product development based the tropes within authentic looking scenes.
>>
>>18311121
>Music is all about meeting people and looks
If you're a pop starlet and even then this approach is too limiting and focuses too much on chance. If you want to meet people, you must to give them a reason to want to meet you aka. have the product.

>If you make a good song it's either going to get stolen by a real artist or a rapper will use your beat for 300 dollars make a hit and you'll never sell a song again.
If you're retarded enough to give away the copyright.

>you're a cracker you can't help it and you're afraid of the city.
Oh, please. I had a nigga pass before you were born and lived in cities that make Amerifat ghettos look like paradise.

>Show me one artist from a small town.
Everybody from Compton? Young Buck started from some shithole. Hi-Tek started in fucking Cincinnati, not super small but hardly a metropolis either. Deacon the Villain comes from a shithole with 8k people. Ras Kass comes from a small town.

>Metro boomin
"...while still in high school, he began to utilize online social media platforms such as Twitter to network with more established rap artists as well as beat submissions for potential music placements."
"Metro's mother would often drive him for over eight hours from St. Louis to Atlanta to collaborate with artists he met online."
"Upon graduating high school, Metro moved to Atlanta to attend Morehouse College, studying Business Management. Ultimately however, he chose to take a hiatus from school after a semester, because the schedule demands of a full-time music career became too much to balance."

Your own example proves you wrong. He moved only once he could choose between college and his career, which he established with Interwebz. Obviously you'll eventually need to move but doing it without a plan is absolutely idiotic. Music is work and you're not going to get much work done as a homeless faggot. Stop living in a fantasy where you run into someone big, get discovered and blow up. It's not how it works.
>>
As a musician I think it is fucking stupid to force a career
I just make music and upload it, maybe share sometimes
So what if I never become popular, it is not important at all, I make it for myself
Fuck commerce
>>
>>18311173
Metro boomin moved to Atlanta for college and then after making karate chop for future he quit college
>>
File: Nu_DepartingSinai.jpg (14KB, 285x362px) Image search: [Google]
Nu_DepartingSinai.jpg
14KB, 285x362px
>>18311022
In the Bible, God gave a commandment to Moses and the Israelite people: Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's. In fact, the Apostle Paul wrote to the Philippians, "...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength."

God gave each and every one of us unique talents and skills that we are supposed to use for His Glory and to carry out His Will on Earth. We are to love one another. To edify one another. To deny oneself daily and to live for Jesus Christ. Life may seem unfair, but we must trust in God who gives all things to us. One day, we will pass away from this Earth. Our time here is but a shadow. Naked we were born, naked we depart from this Earth. The only opinion that ultimately matters at the end of everything is God's opinion. The question is: are you living your life for God?
>>
>>18311201
Also literslly your example shows me that being in the city is everything. My mother wouldn't drive me to the city she'd drink a bottle of vodka and hit me and call me a piece of shit before she did that.

Also all of the artists you listed are nobodies that I nor anybody else has heard of.

I could make more money than them just selling crack
>>
>>18311205
Yea well all the rich famous rappers I like talk about doing drugs killing selling drugs and stealing and fucking bitches while they make millions

Would I rather follow god then make money? No. no I wouldn't. Plus I have my own belief in god that doesn't follow the Bible. I'll just be a sinner living among sinners killing other sinners. I'm doing gods work.

Also fuck god he made be born in a small town with 2000 people who are all rednecks raping cows. I'd rather betray god then follow him if he doesn't give me what I deserve.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (240KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
240KB, 1920x1080px
>>18311211
>Yea well all the rich famous rappers I like talk about doing drugs killing selling drugs and stealing and fucking bitches while they make millions
It's because they sold their soul to the devil. Literally. This isn't a part of speech. In reality they aren't any more talented than you or me. Satan approached them in the spirit and they made a pact with the devil, in return for Earthly wealth and fame, they do the devil's bidding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD1PwOPlEfw
>>
>>18311229
In my religion I made myself Satan doesn't approach you you just sell your soul being evil and hendoistic

But I want to sell my soul. That's literally what I want. I want to be as evil as possible until I make money. I don't give a fuck about anyone I HOPE they die.

If I can slaughter anyone who pisses me off in any way then I'm happy. I literally fucking hate everyone. I wouldn't mind a small group of 20 people who are the same as me but anyone else besides that I don't care about.
>>
>>18311242
Also fuck I can't believe I forgot to mention this but evil hendoistic people automatically get ahead in life Satan picks those people not worthless internet posting retards

Also in order to sell your soul in the first place you have to be talented good looking have star power etc Satan won't just pick some ugly fat bitch off the streets to make famous but someone who looks like Kate upton and has no morals and just seeks wealth

>Timmy Timmy turner
>he knows his souls in the furnace
>>
>>18311207
>shows me that being in the city is everything
He moved AFTER he established contacts with more famous guys over the Internet. Do you even read?
>he began to utilize online social media platforms such as Twitter to network with more established rap artists as well as beat submissions for potential music placements
>to collaborate with artists he met online
You want to skip the most important part, the networking.

>Also all of the artists you listed are nobodies that I nor anybody else has heard of.
Nigga, are you trolling?

>>18311205
Oh shit, this Is a troll thread. My bad for taking this seriously for a second.
>>
>>18311257
Nah you're fucking stupid as fuck. Go watch his vice interview. He literally said he sat in the waiting room of Gucci manes studio until he fell asleep just trying to get in

No Atlanta no metro boomin he wasn't a SoundCloud artist so shut the fuck up retard. Go read his Wikipedia page.

Origin: Atlanta. Why are white people so stupid?

Even Soulja boy owned a studio in a small town near Illinois but where did he get famous? Atlanta

Rae sremmurd lived in a small town but where did they get famous? Atlanta

Diplo was in a small town but where did he get famous? Miami
>>
>>18311276
Also fun fact: mike will made it worked in a music studio where he ended up producing for Gucci mane. Was it in a small town?

Nope it was in Atlanta. Stop pushing your virgin delusions on what i know is a fact. You can code from your room? Good for you. You can sell beats on YouTube? Good for you. But will you make it? No. will I? Yes p
>>
>music career
rofl die squidward
>>
>>18311286
Basic rappers no one will knows or producers make more money than you or your parents and have sex with tons of girls living in la and driving nice cars

How's virginity and college btw? I'm assuming hard work with little reward

Don't worry man you'll have a coding career soon and you'll only be 150,000 in debt and you'll find a girlfriend at 35 and she'll only have had sex with 20-30 guys.
>>
>>18311276
I quoted from his wiki page.

>He literally said he sat in the waiting room of Gucci manes studio
So how did he get there in the first place? Randomly walked in? Or maybe he was invited after he proved with worth with a product?

>his vice interview
"I would just email beats to people in Atlanta all day"

>Was it crazy for you when you were in school, trying to go to class, and also making radio hits?
"I would really be in class, come back to my room, have an hour between my next class. I had my speakers and everything on my desk in my dorm room, and I’d be in there making beats. Everybody in the hall would hear it, knock on my door trying to get in."

>Soulja boy
Same fucking story.
>he moved to Batesville, Mississippi, with his father who provided a recording studio for Way to explore his musical ambitions.[8] In November 2005, Way posted his songs on the website SoundClick.
>Following positive reviews on the site, he established accounts on YouTube and Myspace.[10][11] In March 2007, he recorded "Crank That" and released his first independent album Unsigned & Still Major: Da Album Before da Album, followed by a low-budget video demonstrating the "Crank That" dance.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>18311292
You seem upset, have I hit a weak spot of yours?
>>
File: Can_You_Spare_a_Dime-_42.jpg (30KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
Can_You_Spare_a_Dime-_42.jpg
30KB, 576x432px
This fuckin dude is a real squidward , inb4 he ends up flipping burger surrounded by spongeheads .
>>
File: eVkqDOU.jpg (260KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eVkqDOU.jpg
260KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>18311301
No bruh you didn't read. He was going to college in Atlanta you dip shit. He didn't bus there every week. He was in Atlanta and he watched karate chop drop and he quit college and stayed in Atlanta

He literally says it in the fucking interview so how about you do some research before you give advice to someone much much smarter than you.
>>
yeah you will be a great singer and successful person
>>
>>18311334
>He was going to college in Atlanta
Which is irrelevant given how he establishes networks and publicity over the Internet again. Being in ATL simply made it easier to meet the people HE ALREADY KNEW.

Anyway, you seem to dense to take any advice, so enjoy hobo life.
>>
>>18311341
Yea well if he stayed in St. Louis he never would have been shit and that's a fact.

Let me guess you're a suburban SoundCloud producer?
>>
>>18311367
Oh no argument? Okay?

See you on the other side. Wait no I won't because I know the secret to fame. Hahahaha fuck you poorfag.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.