[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>8 years of not having friends or a "social circle"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: disappointment.jpg (23KB, 620x363px) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.jpg
23KB, 620x363px
>8 years of not having friends or a "social circle"
>Tried to reconnect with old friends, but we're way too different now.
>Move to a new town, decide to get a fresh start
>Lived here five years and still haven't made any new friends
>Go out and get involved in activities and the community center
>Met this young couple a few weeks ago that seemed to like similar stuff as me
>Talk with them for a couple of hour
>Think, "This is it, I may finally have found some new friends"
>Casually ask if they would like to hang out sometime
>They seem really enthusiastic, and ask for contact info
>They cancel on plans to hang out two weekends in a row
>Careful not to come across as desperate acting calm and casual
>Not a sperg, just a normal guy that doesn't know anybody here
Still, something must be wrong with me.
>>
normies don't want to hang out with people with no friends

not because they are judgmental, but most people who have no friends are way way too clingy and desperate, to a point of invasiveness
>>
>>18310978
Yeah, I guess I can get that.

It just makes it hard. I feel so lonely.

How do I come to terms with the idea that it may not be in the cards for me to have friends?
>>
>>18310961
Don't panic.
Married couples do have lots of legitimate social obligations - family, kids, whatever.
Give it a couple of weeks off and try again.

Meanwhile, what you did worked so do it again. Get involved in group activities, especially something that interests you (so that even if you don't meet anyone you'll still have a good time)

Join a club, take a non-academic class (cooking, art appreciation, etc), do volunteer work, go to music clubs/bars. Everyone there will be interested in the same thing you are, so there will be a point of connection from the start.
>>
I really wonder if you can make best friends as an adult
How does this even happen
I had some best friend in childhood but we stopped seeing each other when we were 18 or 19 because our lives and interests completely split
Ever since I had no real friends at all, only acquaintances, but nothing deep
>>
File: 0_74812_1eda70e4_XXL.jpg (102KB, 900x513px) Image search: [Google]
0_74812_1eda70e4_XXL.jpg
102KB, 900x513px
>>18311249
>I really wonder if you can make best friends as an adult
I've seen this happening at work all the time.
We meet someone new and in months they are BFF with someone I've known for years.

It's just chemistry, similar to falling in love.

Keep in mind that when we're little kids, there are little to no obstacles in befriending somebody.
When bigger we focus on every detail and become more demanding.

I'd recommend looking for conventions and events about your hobbies, so you can find something in common to talk about with people you don't know.
>>
>>18310978
>but most people who have no friends are way way too clingy and desperate, to a point of invasiveness
That's not true, maybe it's just you.
I'm a real nigga (from the streets), so I have a few people I could consider friends, but I simply can't bother with friendships, so I usually don't message them unless needed or to meet up, ya dig?
>>
>>18311237
This is basically what I'm going to keep trying.

I know that it's easy to imagine any rando off of 4chan as a basement dwelling NEET, but I do get out and participate in things that I enjoy doing.

The most frustrating thing is that I don't feel like I can connect with people in my age-group. I don't think I'm better than them by any means.

As an example of what I mean, I've tried reconnecting with some old highschool buddies. I drove three hours to meet up with them on multiple occassions and they spent each time playing/watching MOBAs or just generally being asshats.
>>
>>18311002
I'm in the same boat. Start enjoying your company and keep yourself busy. Do some self improvement too. Also hobbys.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.