[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 21 and I've come to the decision that I want a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1440206783872.jpg (28KB, 434x299px)
1440206783872.jpg
28KB, 434x299px
I'm 21 and I've come to the decision that I want a tattoo on my left arm. I've brought it up to my very catholic parents (who very fortunately well off and pay my entire college tuition, along with car insurance and other expenses) and they are completely against it. My mom said she would be ok with it after I have a full time job (which doesn't make any sense, it would be a small, easy to hide one on my arm which can be covered with sleeves, so job interviews are not a problem)

I've wanted a tattoo for a while and know a friend who does it and will give me a good price and I know does good work. The only person in my family with tattoos is my aunt and my grandfather who's passed.

I know the general advice is to just get one and not tell them but I'm not sure if it's the best decision to do that at my point of my life. I have the money and I really really want to get it done this summer. But I'm concerned they will disown me or take away certain privileges of mine like my car insurance (car is under my name) or my college tuition both of which I can't afford without taking out huge loans
>>
>>18310403
Well, OP, that's the thing about being an adult and making adult decisions. You deal with the adult consequences of your decision. It's up to you. Risk the punishment of getting a tattoo, or wait to get one until you are entirely self-sufficient. There's a good chance you won't want the same tattoo, or maybe even one at all, by the time you are independent. This coming from someone with a lot of tattoos. The first few I ever got when I was your age--I don't regret them, but I do wish I had used the space the occupy more wisely. There are better things I'd like to do with where they are. But it's whatever.

Anyway, back to the point. If you truly, SERIOUSLY think they'd revoke all of the privileges and luxuries you have, then don't be a dumbass. Don't get a tattoo.
>>
>>18310403

Don't get a tattoo OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxhiO2bwUKI
>>
>>18310403
>parents are paying for all my shit
>I want to disrespect them by getting a tattoo with their money for absolutely no reason

yeah you should do it op. sounds like a great idea.
>>
>>18310403

While I don't agree with them, you are unfortunately at their mercy if they're the ones paying for your college. Your skin will still be around and blank in a few years after you're done with college. Take care of business first then worry about tattoos later. Regardless of whether or not they're being fair it makes no sense to risk a fully paid college tuition for a tattoo.

>know a friend who does it and will give me a good price and I know does good work

I was part owner of a tattoo shop for awhile so, read my words very carefully; do not bargain shop for tattoos. Do not get a tattoo anywhere else than in a licensed tattoo shop from a licensed tattoo artist. This is a permanent piece of art on your skin.

Unless your friend is a professional tattoo artist with a sterile station in a professional tattoo shop with access to autoclaves, clean room and commercial grade tools, absolutely 100% do not do it. I can't tell you how many kids have come into my shop with half assed fucked tattoos they got in garages from "friends who gave them a good price".

A bad tattoo is typically unfixable. Don't be an idiot.
>>
>>18310419
I can never see myself getting a shit ton of tattoos like that, I hate the way "sleeves" and stuff look. I would just want something small. I can see myself wanting more, but again nothing big and in a totally different area. I don't see the placement thing being an issue.

I don't seriously think that, though they have threatened to do so in other situations. To be honest I don't know how they will react but i doubt they will stop paying my tuition at the very least
>>
>>18310457
He has a license and works at a legit shop

I'm just worried that I will somehow regret it sooner rather than later. This sounds weird and childish but it feels like a waste to spend my younger years tattoo-less
>>
>>18310433
what the fuck is this
>>
They're paying for your college. Just hold back on it you dumbass, when you're financially independent you can reconsider it. Getting some ink is not worth however much your degree costs.
>>
>>18310464

>He has a license and works at a legit shop

Excellent. You're all good then.

>This sounds weird and childish but it feels like a waste to spend my younger years tattoo-less

I understand the feeling man but, take it from me, I'm 33 and I can tell you I've seen a lot of heavily tattooed burnouts come through my shop looking for jobs. I realize you just want the small tattoo on your arm but my point is most of these kids prioritized being young over preparing themselves to be old and it really came back to bite them in the ass.

Please believe me when I say that if you wreck your chances at free college for a small tattoo, 30 year old you is going to want to travel back in time and kick your ass so bad its going to physically hurt you to think about it.

I'm all about tattoo freedom and body modification and looking like any way you want but you have to be smart about this. You have to take care of work before you play and right now your work is getting an education and getting out from underneath your parent's thumb without any student loan debt.
>>
>>18310478
Thank you and I appreciate the response. And although the risk is there, I really, really, heavily doubt that my parents will make me pay for my own tuition if I got a tattoo. They would, at worst, make me pay for my own car insurance (which is around $1500 for 6 months)

I am going to be a senior and the tuition is already paid off. The worst they can do is not pay my fifth year (I'm getting my masters)
>>
>>18310693

Then wait another year, graduate, get tattoo near graduation. Done.
>>
>>18310693
I'm not sure if this changes anything. I still don't really like the idea of betraying my parents like that. I think it's worth trying to convince them maybe. My grandfather had a few tattoos on his arm. If I were to get one I could see myself getting an anchor (which is one that he had, he was a sailor) but I'm not sure if an anchor tattoo is considered gay or lame at this poiint
>>
>>18310697
>not sure if an anchor tattoo is considered gay or lame at this point
>changing your tattoo decision based on what other people will think of it

Don't get a tattoo.
>>
>>18310693
Don't fucking risk it op
Just get the tattoo after everything is said and done
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.