[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetical: Say you know for a fact that you're never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: 1.jpg (121KB, 670x536px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
121KB, 670x536px
Hypothetical: Say you know for a fact that you're never getting laid and will never experience (romantic) love and committing suicide isn't an option. What do you do to live a happy life?
>>
>>18310203
>and committing suicide isn't an option.
But that's where you're wrong, anon.
>>
>>18310214
How can I be wrong if the premise is hypothetical?
>>
>>18310203
>What do you do to live a happy life?

Live within my means and do what I enjoy.

Holy shit, is this the secret to that "happiness" thing everyone is looking for?

I'd probably also attempt to do so with minimalism to prevent "my means" becoming my ends.
>>
Hookers
>>
>>18310203
I realized that, OP - not getting laid or finding love.

It's meh. I didn't really care for it anyway. So now I just focus on my career and try get ahead of people my age. I think I'm doing pretty well. As superficial as it is, I like to know I'm doing better in terms of money compared to my peers. It gives me an ego boost. That, and I find my work pretty fulfilling really. But at this point I think I'm just obsessed and/or a workaholic, but working 60-70 hours a week ain't so bad when you have nothing else to do in life.
>>
>>18310220
>Vaguely filling the void
>>18310228
>Filling the void with paid sex
>>18310234
>Filling the void with labor
Interesting.
>>
>>18310254
>>Vaguely filling the void

The void is man-made, mate.

Want this, desire that.

Food, water, shelter. All you need.

Then you just have time. To do shit. Shit that you actually want to do.
>>
>>18310254
>Complains about not getting laid
>"Why would I want to get laid?"

Maybe you actually should just kill yourself
>>
>>18310261
Sex without love is meaningless and not at all what I really want.
>>
Get into spirituality and religion, seek occult knowledge, learn philosophy, etc. and seek the hidden secrets of the universe. A whole new world will open up to you and your former lusts and desires will become something you'll laugh at. You will eventually pity your former self.

>>18310254
There's no "void", you're overrating sex and dating.
>>
>>18310203
Ha ha, I'm in the same boat m8.
Personally I'm saving up $5,000 so I can do go abroad charity work for a couple or three years to get some perspective on things
>>
File: ChinaTravel.jpg (38KB, 535x325px) Image search: [Google]
ChinaTravel.jpg
38KB, 535x325px
>>18310291
>so I can do go abroad charity work for a couple or three years to get some perspective on things
This OP, this guy knows what's up
>>
>>18310203

you could always settle for someone ugly, or move to anothre country, or impress someone with money.

but assuming romance is simply off the table, simply compensate by making the rest of your life extra rich. you have to remember that once you get out of the young disney phase romance is pretty much just an extra thing tacked on to the end of the day, like having a dessert. and like someone on a strict diet, you can still live a happy life. you'll always yearn for it but you'll still be happy.

the most important thing to do is to invest in your other relationships, family, friends, mentors, becoming a mentor, etc. even kids is still a possibility if you're well off enough down the road.

and after those relationships you can focus on work and hobbies. hobbies doesn't have to be one broad stroke of something you do all the time like designing vidoe games or comic books, it can also mean just going camping as often as you can, or playing dodgeball here and there. fill your time with a little bit of everything to keep it fresh.
>>
travel, meet new people just for the sake of making friends and enjoying some adventure and finding something that gives you fulfillment, whatever it maybe
>>
File: John 109 [widescreen].jpg (268KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
John 109 [widescreen].jpg
268KB, 1600x900px
>>18310203
>Hypothetical: Say you know for a fact that you're never getting laid and will never experience (romantic) love and committing suicide isn't an option. What do you do to live a happy life?

Giving your life over to Jesus Christ

This doesn't mean joining man's church, all this means is believing that Jesus died on the cross for your sins, praying to the God of this Universe, the God that loves you, and pointing your heart to things that are Good, the things of Heaven. Once you do this, God will send you the Holy Spirit, the counselor, which will guide you on all things

Get on your knees and repent of your sins, read the Bible cover-to-cover and pray, pray, pray. Seek first the kingdom of righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you
>>
>>18310291
>>18310314
Why not do charity work in your home town?
>>
>>18310203
You realize that a relationship doesn't necessarily make you happy, and you find things in life that dobring you joy so you can focus on them.

Romantic love is really nice, but it's not the be-all-end-all that many make it out to be. A lot of people don't find it in life. A lot of people find it and have it fall apart. There are plenty of other things that can make a person just as happy.
>>
>>18310203
weed+video games
>>
Go for a walk down skidrow. Buy some meth, smoke up and find a girl walking. Say hi. Offer her some meth. Then fuck her. I couldnt believe it was that easy. If you have a vehicle its even easier. Good luck anon, you dont have to try meth but atleast have some for the hookers. If you got a good cock they will act like your girlfriend for a while
>>
File: 1389573406259.jpg (4KB, 232x217px) Image search: [Google]
1389573406259.jpg
4KB, 232x217px
>>18310203

>Say you know for a fact that you're never getting laid and will never experience (romantic) love and committing suicide isn't an option

I'd say you're an idiot. I'd say you made a conscious choice to give up and now you have to reap the fruits of your weakness. I'd say you don't get so painstakingly develop your victim complex, reside yourself to being a helpless observer to the trajectory of your own life and then turn around and ask how to steer yourself to happiness. Either you're in control or you're not. You don't get it both ways.
>>
>>18310398
I have a deformed penis, tough guy.
>>
>>18310413

>deformed penis means no romance ever
>>
>>18310417
Yes, this is true.
>>
>>18310413

>I have a deformed penis, tough guy.

So?

You think you're the only person who got the shit end of the stick? You think thats supposed to absolve you of responsibility for your life? Billions of people live on this planet with deformities, illnesses, handicaps and disabilities and regardless of whether or not the burdens they bear are "fair" they find a way. They are just as responsible for the course of their lives and the quality of their happiness as much as anybody else.

Life might be harder for you, yes. The road you travel to happiness might be longer and windier than the one others travel but making excuses for yourself is a habit of the weak and it has nothing to do with your deformity. Something being harder for you than it is for other people is not an excuse for not achieving it. Either you want to take control of your life and invest 100% of your time and energy into doing the best you can with the tools you have or you can exist in pity. The choice is yours, but don't for a second pretend like your happiness is out of your control.
>>
I just work 100 hours a week and help take care of my little half-sister, and I also help my mom and my sister though I live far from them.

By this point I'm not a happy person, I just do the things that bring me peace of mind even if they leave me drained.
>>
>>18310435
Romance isn't a level playing field and "there's someone for everyone" is a lie but if it were true pure statistics would mean I would be ridiculed more than I would find someone who accepts me. Psychology and neurology show that this frequent ridicule would leave me as more of a shell than I am now. Why should I subject myself to what could be numerous instances of mental torture just because this avenue for happiness has a small possibility to turn out well?

I need another way to enjoy life, anon. I know this sounds defeatist but I'm human, romantic pursuits will break me.
>>
>>18310463

>Romance isn't a level playing field

Nothing in life is a level playing field. Life isn't fair. Too fucking bad. All I see are excuses. Its okay to give up, just don't pretend like its anything other than what it really is. You don't have the courage to achieve something so you gave up because it was too hard.

Live your life with excuses and defeatism if you want but, like I said, its super disingenuous and counter productive to pretend like psychology and neurology and statistics are doing this to you. They didn't let you down, you did.
>>
>>18310471
My bad for being born wrong.

If you want to know how bad I have it and think I'm just a quitter then shit your pants every time you try to get intimate with a girl, it would have the same reaction as my dick.
>>
File: 1471484741789.gif (481KB, 499x315px) Image search: [Google]
1471484741789.gif
481KB, 499x315px
>>18310477

Life is unfair. Too fuckin bad, kid. Go play your sympathy fiddle somewhere else.
>>
>>18310480
Point is, I'm not giving up, I was never in the race to begin with.
>>
>>18310482

No, you're giving up. Quit looking for ways to escape crawl out from underneath the responsibility. You were faced with a difficult challenge and you gave up because it was too hard. Plain and simple.
>>
File: nick-vujicic[1].jpg (9KB, 175x250px) Image search: [Google]
nick-vujicic[1].jpg
9KB, 175x250px
>>18310487
You might as well be telling that to this guy after he told you "I can't climb a mountain."
>>
>>18310489

Well, I'm not gonna play "pin the tail on the excuse" with you anymore. Give up if you want. I don't really give a shit and neither will anyone else.

Also, here's a video of a guy with no arms and no legs who climbed Mount Kilimanjaro. The difference between him and you is that he took control of his life and overcame his disabilities and you gave up.

Anyways, have a good one, loser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuH4sK25AwE
>>
>>18310495
I rate your b8 0/8
>>
>>18310203
>implying sex is the only euphoric sensation a human has
Have you ever done some sport? Even if you are cripple there are tons of other ways you can get that adrenaline shot.
>>
File: indianmonk.jpg (30KB, 356x500px) Image search: [Google]
indianmonk.jpg
30KB, 356x500px
>>18310203
>21 year old college student here
>never been laid
>never been in a committed relationship
>first date was a blind date
>have no prospects of getting married in the near future
>don't drink/smoke/do drugs
>live a perfectly happy life

AMA
>>
>>18310203
I've already experienced the first two and trust me they aren't what leads to a fulfilling life, anon.

They're both based on chemicals and they're both only temporary.
>>
>>18310203
I feel that way and I've had sex SEA are really virgin killers.
>>
>>18310413
Have you tried anal?
>>
>>18310681
>33 old eternal-retrainer and unpaid permatemp
>induced female orgasms but only ever gotten off by own self (technical virgin?)
>scared shitless of relationships after too many homeboys were ruined
>first date was fake bros hustling me towards real hoes
>both parents told me 'never get married'
>funded the initiation of their divorce with a side job back when money was less scarce
>problem alcoholic gradually transitioning toward weed
>slowly but steadily learning to abandon the pursuit of worldly pleasure

I wanna ax a question, if I snip the premature buds off my weed plants will they go back to growing vegetation? They're really tiny in the leaf mass; one is the size of a golfball and the other is the size of a baseball.

Also: can I do the same with citrus? My 2' baby orange tree really isn't looking happy; I put 60lbs of wood chips over its roots (multi inch deep) and suddenly started growing leaves again. I'm not sure whether this was from the bark or because all but 2~3 of its oranges fell off.
>>
>>18310203
i'm you except i am going to kill myself pretty soon

it's always an option

>>18310220
>do what i enjoy
what if you can't? i want kids and a loving wife- which is straight up impossible for me
>>
>>18312510
If you want a stable family then move out to rural/northern country and live the kind of life which deserves such a family. Coastal/urban areas are full of smug assholes who think their opinion-studies degree qualifies them for anything beyond starbucks milkshake operator or welfare office clerk.

Important factor: you have to live the right kind of life. If you can make money in the Tinder city you're living in then make the money and run off with it.
>>
>>18312533
then i might as well go to ukraine and just buy a woman
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.