[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ey /adv/ >Be me 20yo >First time gf >She is pretty emotional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1490592102221.jpg (57KB, 652x650px) Image search: [Google]
1490592102221.jpg
57KB, 652x650px
Ey /adv/
>Be me 20yo
>First time gf
>She is pretty emotional from time to time about stuff
>Me smoke the herb sometimes
>She knows about this
>First she was kind of cool about it, nou she is can't deal with the emotion on knowing I do what I do
>In combination with a almost fulltime job it is pretty exhausting

Any suggestions, help, I would be thankful
>>
Best advice first advice- quit smoking. It's fucking bad for you and don't let anyone tell you different. I did it for years I know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>18308775
Second this, also smoked for years and actually still in the process of quitting.

Does weed relax you at night? Yeah sure. But you wake up less energized (regardless of amount of sleep) and more hazy, maybe not all the time but at least occasionally. Don't delude yourself into thinking that weed is more beneficial than taxing for your energy levels. Especially since you don't mention how regularly you smoke, so I'm guessing it's a daily occurrence...
>>
>>18308782
It not a daily occurance, just once in a while with friend or alone. It's just like a beer in a while for me, sometimes to relax or just be high and have pretty hazy conversation with friends.

And I am never going to be stoned or high near m gf, because what I said earlier.
>>
>>18308775
Tell me the bed thing you encountered with weed, I'm curious...
>>
>>18308799
Okay fair enough. What has talking done so far? Does she acknowledge that her feelings are irrational or is she still convinced that weed is not comparable to alcohol? If it's the second, you can educate her. She won't know first-hand how the sensations compare to one another, but it's easy as shit to find sources for how destructive and wide-spread alcoholism is, what it costs society in damage/crime, how addictive it is even compared to other drugs.

If it's the first, that's more difficult. If she fully owns up to having a feeling that has no basis in reality but she can't shake, you can only really talk about what could or would not help her. Would she like to know when you do smoke? Would she like for you to never mention it again? Is there anything you could do that would reassure her?

And if nothing works and it's a dealbreaker for her, I don't really see another option but to re-evaluate how much you care about her/the relationship in light of that.
>>
The thing about addiction is that it's a lifestyle. It's not any one device of abuse because each one can be substituted for the other (like a beer). The thing about addiction is that it creeps up on you and you never realize what is happening until it's too late. This is the nature of the beast. You will become loss, a major depression mood shift or psychotic episode is just at the end of that joint. It's not something I was willing to accept until I read this book, "The Infinite Jest" by DFW. If you don't fucking believe me, why not get it on audible? It's considered one of the greatest american fiction novels, If not the greatest. And it's all about you.
>>
>>18308802
I lost my mind, and I don't want to talk about the consequences of this happening. But I quit the shit, got therapy, got meds and now I'm stable as a mule, healthy, happy, bodybuilding and graduating college. Quit. It will be the best thing you ever did for yourself.
>>
>>18308804
Talked with her, she said its against her standards. But she wants to understand, but she says it like I can't... She didn't know about the alcohol - weed thing, tried educate her. But she is fooled by 2017 society and her parents that are like against it I don't know. I'm planning to talk to than about it, so they could better understand. My parents know that I sometimes smoke, but especially my mom thing that I am old and wise enough to know what I'm doing.
>>
I just don't tell anyone
No one knows I am everyday stoned
Thank God for vaporisers
I only go sober for tolerance breaks and very important things like exams
And I like it and don't want to quit ever
>>
>>18308812
But I have a stable live and I'm not idk kind of sensitive for addiction... I started drinking coffee when I was 8yo, when I was 15 I realised that my brain was so used to the caffeine that it function weird without it. So I stopped with energy drink and coffee. But realised with moderation and being aware of the effect it could just be a thing you do form time to time. So I do see your point, but do you understand that you can just use a substance for recreational use without getting/ being addicted?
>>
File: 1489950474208.jpg (392KB, 2000x1180px) Image search: [Google]
1489950474208.jpg
392KB, 2000x1180px
>>18308831
Kek, you maybe need to seek help. But yeah that's up to you to decide, it is funny though
>>
>>18308808
Thankyou sir, now I have something to read :D instead of smoke haha
>>
Bump for more suggestions, thank you btw you anons who did answered my question
>>
>>18308782
>>18308775
I'm not as hard stance as these guys, but as a former stoner I somewhat agree. A bit of hash on occasion is great, but if you do it frequently then it basically swallows up your life. You lose motivation, track of time, you lose order, your days become all about smoking up, and your life becomes devoid of anything other than weed. Not to mention, depending on where you're from, the law can be severely harsh on stoners (which is unfair, but it is reality) and there is a social stigma that can really harm you. You'll constantly be paranoid, looking over your shoulder, you've got something to hide. And if you live in a country that deals with stoners as harshly as mine, it will no longer be a question of IF you get caught, but WHEN you get caught.

I wish weed was legal and socially acceptable as alcohol, but we gotta face reality.
>>
File: 1489999241509.jpg (77KB, 625x601px) Image search: [Google]
1489999241509.jpg
77KB, 625x601px
>>18308948
>Law x
Living in the Netherlands...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.