[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question from a female preferably to other females, but anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Question from a female preferably to other females, but anyone can answer.

Should I ever confide in my female friends that I am a childhood sexual abuse victim? I'm 25, and finally started making some new, close friends after high school. They are all awesome, and I really feel close to these girls.

Some of them ask me why my family and I aren't that close and pretty much broken. The reason is most of my family broke apart into believing me/not believing me when I finally admitted I was being sexually abused by my step dad.

Is this something you tell people? Honestly, the only other person who knows this about me is my boyfriend and he hasn't told a soul.

I'm kinda worried about judgement. Fearing things like "Oh anon behaves like that from the abuse." Just because I'm severely socially inept and a lot of people admit to me having wishy washy moods and behaviors (in reality I'm just nervous as hell).

So yea, do I tell friends this or just continue awkwardly beating around the bush when friends ask me more personal questions?
>>
>>18307700

>Should I ever confide in my female friends that I am a childhood sexual abuse victim?

No. You should confide in a therapist.
>>
>>18307701
I have. I was in therapy for almost 10 years for PTSD and finally, with my therapist and psych's suggestion as well, they said I didn't need therapy anymore.
>>
>>18307700

Hi femanon, I absolutely would avoid telling girls in high school about your past sexual abuse. They may not know how to handle the information esp if they had a good upbringing.
>>
>>18307729
I'm 25. My friends are 26-28.

What I meant was, I honestly haven't had any close female friends since high school. I honestly don't know how to have friends. What is being close to someone? Is sharing your fears and scars not socially acceptable?
>>
>>18307738

Sorry I misunderstood. I think it's not socially acceptable to share such personal information unless you've become extremely close friends and can trust them completely. Those judgment calls can be tough calls too. I just don't want anything bad to happen to you if you share with the wrong person and they cause you harm from it.

I've also experienced childhood sexual abuse. No one knows about except for my bf and a best friend who unfortunately had a similar experience (she also told me about it first). Maybe I'm just overly cautious.

I think it's fine to be good friends without needing to share your past right? You can just mention vague things like I've had a troubled childhood and that you'd rather not talk about it (until you feel ready to).
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.