[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you approach someone you just found out is suicidal, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1490816539225.jpg (218KB, 2048x1206px) Image search: [Google]
1490816539225.jpg
218KB, 2048x1206px
How do you approach someone you just found out is suicidal, but aren't supposed to know about it/ they would be upset if you knew. How do you help this person out? Do you try to relate to them on something, like how you may have been suicidal in the past, or what? How do you help someone when the people who are supposed to be the closest don't even seem to care enough to do anything?
>>
1 to tell them you know
2 let them know your there for them
3 then after a few days of this try and talk to them about it (to see if can get him medical/professional help)
>>
>>18307631
Bump, he's right OP. Talk to him about it. Having somebody to talk to is the best cure for depression or anxiety.
>>
>>18307681
>Having somebody to talk to is the best cure for depression or anxiety.
t. someone who has neither of those things
>>
>>18307685
but what if they just get angry that you know?
>>
>>18307749
help, this is kinda serious i think
>>
>>18307619

This happened to me a few months ago. My bff came to tell me that she was going to herself. So instead of freaking out or telling her do not do it: just talked to her, asked her if she has a plan. Told her this is awful and would make me very sad if this happened. And that I am hear for her. So I kept in touch with her every day without being nagging. And eventually she came out of it. At least she stopped planning it, you know what I mean?

But I'm not a professional. I think the best way is to listen to them and try to talk them off the ledge. Then gently suggest professional help. GL anon. This caused me a lot of burnout afterwards so be sure to take good care of yourself too if you get too involved.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.