[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop hating myself without becoming one of those egotistical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

How do I stop hating myself without becoming one of those egotistical bags of shit that can't stop talking about how great they are?
>>
>>18307457
Its impossible, things are always black and white, god forbid you stop being an edgy fuck and find a nice middle term
>>
>>18307457
Why do you hate yourself?
>>
>>18307457
Work on a skill or set of skills. Embrace them. Now surround yourself with other people doing the same.

Odds are you won't amount to a dirtbag unless it's apart of who you wanted to be in the first place. Or you're surrounded by cunts and want to fit in instead of finding a new community.
>>
>>18308212
because hes a hungry skeleton weebshit who does nothing with its life and too afraid of trying
>>
>>18307457

Confident people think and aim to be the best version of themselves. Narcissistic shitheads think they are the best. Basically, figure out why you hate yourself, make a list of things you could improve on and then start working on it. Make a distinction between things you can change (fixable) and those you can't change (work on accepting those features). Also, try to stop worrying about other people's opinions of you: even those closest to you will only know a caricature version of you, because they can never get a look inside your head. That's why it's important to acknowledge that you need to build yourself into someone you can like, not into someone who would please other people.
>>
drink alcohol
>>
Brainwash yourself
>>
>>18307457
"I'm not that important." over and over and over again. Then you'll start to realize the things you hate about yourself are chicken shit.
>>
not op

i like who i am.
other people dont.
literally no one outside of my family, im not a bad person or anything im just one of those people that dont have any friends and just a couple of acquaintances
how do i acquire friends? and maybe a gf?
>>
>>18308937
In general, people are not drawn to perfection in others. People are drawn to shared interests, shared problems, and an individual's life energy.

Humans connect with humans. Hiding one's humanity and trying to project an image of perfection makes a person vague, slippery, lifeless, and uninteresting.
>>
>>18307457
That's like asking "how do I diversify my portfolio" while being on food-stamps. Fix one problem, if fixing it starts another, look for ways to fix it. Step by step, motherfucker.
>>
One way I have found to stop hating yourself is , as shallow as it sounds compare yourself to the things you despise in others , their shortcomings . There is bound to be many many people in your life that are worse off than you are . Also everyone deals with their problems differently , and sometimes the picture perfect people have the deepest darkest issues . We all have problems . The quicker you can identify them, the quicker you can work towards fixing them if that's possible . If it's things you were born with that's hard to get used to . Personally I have many things that I hate about myself and lots of them are things that no mater what I do they cannot be changed . Purely physical, but I've learned to accept many of those and manage them pretty well. Once I've discovered the damage they do to me mentally , I was able to accept many of them. Talking about them to whoever , is a massive step. Strangers , and professionals may not be the best choices . But people who care about you will relish in the chance to Orissa you for your good attributes . Having a sense of humour about past mistakes have made them nothing more that stories and learning experiences . Experience completely traumatized me , and it's still hung around For almost ten years . A good majority of the people that were there are out of my life , just as friends who aren't loyal tend to do. Trust in ones that you believe in, and be open about some of these issues . Modesty is a great personality trait , let your actions show who you are . Most will go un noticed , but to the people who you care about and love it could mean the world . Your not alone , you can actually help people worse off than yourself .
>>
>>18308212
Because insecure, social anxiety, autistic way of think, failure as a person, surrounded by people who are better then me.

Also this
>>18308616

Except not a skeleton
>>
>>18307457
Repeat after me:

"Im worthless, and Im ok with that."

Repeat until you dont hate yourself

Extra effective if you take time to clear your head and meditate on the deeper meaning there.
>>
Ever heard of being humble? Just always think of yourself as hot shit but never ever admit it.
>>
>>18309789
>think of yourself as hot shit
Thats... not being humble. Thats just pretending like it. To be truely humble is both inside and out.

You can pull it off, but its much harder to be prideful inside, and humble outside, than to just teach yourself to be content with who you are.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.