[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have to fundraise $1,845 in exactly one month. I'm going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: fundraising-fb.jpg (61KB, 583x328px) Image search: [Google]
fundraising-fb.jpg
61KB, 583x328px
I have to fundraise $1,845 in exactly one month. I'm going on a Christian missionary/humanitarian trip to the third world to do some good, etc.

Probably is I have no idea how to even get this money. Do I just ask for it from friends and family? Do I ask strangers? Post on social media? What?

What are some fundraising ideas that people can feel like they're contributing to this really important thing and help me raise the money in only 4 weeks?
>>
You want people to pay for your vacation.
Fuck off. Work -> Save -> Play.
No shortcuts.
>>
>>18307225
I could go into what we're doing and where we're going but I don't think, by any stretch of the imagination, this could be considered a "vacation."
>>
>>18307230
You are traveling some distance, probably abroad, to have experiences and meet people. That is a vacation.
>>
Work in labour or construction. My no weekly pay cheques are about 1100 and I'm just a lowly metal finisher. Albeit I work full time and I'm guessing you're quite young and inexperienced.

You need a quick in to a job that requires a lot of work. Ask your parents, parents of friends, family friend's etc if they know anywhere that can hire you on temporarily. You could also try asking family members for an interest-free loan, though keep in mind this means you'll have to work hard when you get back to pay them back.

Honestly if you were an adult I'd say that if you didn't save up and you don't have the cash then you shouldn't go. Never pay for anything you can't afford aside from a house and car.
>>
>>18307242
I mean, I'm not here to argue the definition of "vacation," but by your definition, military service, the Red Cross, Peace Corps, that sort of thing is a vacation. Vacation is defined by leisure, not the fact that you leave home.
>>
if what you were doing was worth anything you wouldn't have to pay your own way.

these trips are to make kids think they did some good in the world.
>>
>>18307292
>If something is worth doing
>it will cost you nothing

Okay then.
>>
>>18307192
Pretty short notice there bud. You getting scammed by some evangelicals perchance?
>>
>>18307256
They're going there to actually perform necessary services. You're going to make yourself feel better.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.