[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Age 18 >Savings $3000 >Debt None >Monthly income

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170429-220454.png (546KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170429-220454.png
546KB, 1280x720px
>Age
>Savings
$3000
>Debt
None
>Monthly income
Around $4000, soon to be $4500 with a max potential of $ $5600 if I work 60 hrs per week
>Financial question
I want to save up until I'm 20-21 and put a down payment on a house near a college I'll be going to and rent out the spare rooms while living there and attending school. Is this a good idea?
>>
>>18307099
Where do you work bro?
>>
You got to invest in that down payment. Once you do, mortgage shouldn't be that bad considering your income. Renting is a good idea if you're willing to put up with ppl's nonsense.
>>
>>18307099
sounds like a good idea to me. stay focused and this will be entirely possible.
>>
>>18307099
Buying house near uni is dumb.

Buy house near a job, close to some public transport point (metro? Bus?) and in walking distance to grocery shop and where you can raise family.

Basically when you buy house, you cant move elsewhere anymore. First land a solid job. Then look for house.
>>
>>18307099
How long have you been saving?
>>
>Savings $3000
>Monthly income Around $4000
What the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>18307435
But op wants to go to uni and rent out rooms in the house.
We have no idea about the cost of housing in the area or how many rooms op has to rent. This could potentially be a good income property for op.
>>
Buying property when you have no worth is a gamble that you shouldn't take. Essentially you'll be putting all you have on one asset that does not guarantee success. Also, assuming that you are borrowing money for school on top of a mortgage is also really risky.
>>
>>18307099
terrible fucking idea. live withing your means and don't out your self hundreds of thousands of dollars into debt. buy a nice RV and save your money until you can buy a house straight out otherwise you'll be paying off your loan for the rest of your life.
>>
>>18308067
Dont even need an RV. I live in a van and my monthly expenses are arond 350$ Which includes food, fuel, laundry, and rec centre membership (showers and gym). Which means if I was lucky enough to have your job I would be investing 10k quarterly which after 3 years will stack up very nicely. Except im lazy and dont have full time work lul.
>>
>>18307099
First - congrats. Having such a good income at your age is rare.

It seems really a good idea if you want to stay in that area after college.

I always suggest to write down how much you want to save and when you need to have that money saved, so you can find out how much you have to save monthly to achieve that. Then you can budget your expenses around it.

How many expenses do you have? What can you do to lower them?
I save around 25% of your income, spend 25% for unnecessary things (going out, hobbies, take away food, trips, etc) and spend 50% of it on necessary stuff (rent, bills, medical stuff, food, car, etc)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.