[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I kind of always worry about my parents. They put so much energy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

I kind of always worry about my parents. They put so much energy, time and money to rise me up. They did everything possible for me to make me a happy person. It's tough to see them age so quickly. I remember back when I was in elementary school and how fit and young they still were. Do you feel similar? How do you deal about it? I always dream about becoming rich just so that I can give back just a bit of what they gave me. Buy them the stuff and holidays they missed out because of me. What can I do for them? I decided to stay in the near so eventually I can take care of them when they are old. But what else?
>>
I wish I could do something more for my mom but I know I can't even do anything for my self.
>>
>>18306976
Give them grandkids
>>
>>18306976
>What can I do for them?

Just don't end up like the guy in your picture. Its fairly simple really.

Just become a proper human being and make sure to tell them that you're thankful and turned out fine because of their help.

Also if there ever was something you fought over (like your parents pushing you to get a degree or something) make sure to tell them that they were absolutely right if you ever feel like that.
>>
>>18306976
It's good to be thankful for your upbringing and you can do nice things to them when you can but you don't have to get so worked up for repaying them for it. Having you was their own choice.

> I remember back when I was in elementary school and how fit and young they still were. How do you deal about it?
Change is inevitable. Again just relax and enjoy what you have now and let shit go when it's gone.
>>
my mum died very unexpectedly aged 56, there was no warning, no illness, she went to bed feeling a bit unwell and died of a heart attack

it is hard, get a massive mixture of regret and guilt, i moved a few hours away from my parents, and only saw them every couple of months and would ring my mum once a week.

before she died, i was busy with work and didn't do my weekly call - so basically when she died i hadn't spoken to her in 11 days. I used to mostly ignore her emails and texts as they were pointless

now i worry about my dad, he has lost his soul mate, they married young and had clear roles in the marriage - my dad didn't know how to use a cash machine, didn't know anything about how much money they had, lots of things like that

i think it is normal to worry about your parents OP, i can honestly say don't worry about buying them holidays or whatever, just spend time with them

i used to not feel massively guilty about not speaking to them more than once a week and only seeing them every couple of months because i thought i would do that when they were a bit older and needed looking after - i've not got that chance now with my mum, and so i have been doing it with my dad

i regret my mum not seeing me get married, or giving her grandkids, I have a long term girlfriend that been together with since i was 15 (i am 31), so my mum got to see us go through university (i was the first person in my entire family to go - i am from a working class family), and my mum saw me get a good job, and saw me get a lovely house, but other things i regret

just be nice to them, make them proud of you and thank them for all the opportunities they have given you - life can be a cunt, so don't put things off, do it now.

hope my experience helps you OP, you seem to be a good person worrying about them, so just spend time with them
>>
Thanks a lot for all the good advices. I really appreciate them.

>>18307075
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm going to keep that in mind.
Also sorry about your mother. Life indeed can be a cunt.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.