[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I feel like an idiot asking about this, but after stumbling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 6464654.jpg (41KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
6464654.jpg
41KB, 500x375px
So, I feel like an idiot asking about this, but after stumbling on a thread about it and researching it, I've started thinking I might have ADHD-PI. I sound like I'm making excuses even to myself, but I also think I do a lot of things that aren't normal and go beyond laziness or a lack of discipline.

The most blatant and embarrassing example I can think of is that if I'm doing anything mildly interesting and I need to go use the bathroom then I'll just hold it in until the need is pressing and I'm squirming in my seat. The same goes for eating, even right now I probably should have gotten something to eat over two hours ago, and I only remember because my stomach hurts. I guess I don't do it because it's either too boring, the thought that I need to go just leaves my head after thinking it, or both. I struggle to do anything 'boring' until the last possible minute, even if I'm screaming at myself in my head to go do it, how easy it is, and I'm feeling anxious and horrible for not doing it.

My sleep schedule is also always moving forward. I never really go to bed unless I'm already struggling to keep my eyes open both because I get too sucked into whatever I'm doing and because I'll just lie in bed for hours with my thoughts racing while wishing I was doing anything else. I can't even seem to finish doing things I want to do. I have a plethora of half-finished games that I enjoy playing, but just lost interest in for no apparent reason. I started playing a game at 11PM thinking I'd only play for a couple hours, next thing I know it's 9AM, I've fucked another attempt at fixing my sleep schedule, and I haven't touched the game since. I spent an hour looking up the best translation of a book, read through a couple chapters before deciding I needed to go do something else, and I've never even looked at it since.

Do these seem like things I should see a doctor over? Do other people have these problems and I'm just a failure at dealing with them?
>>
I can give more examples, like for instance, I'm starting to think that it taking me about an hour and a half to write this down might be related. Those were just the clearest examples I could think of.
>>
>>18306939
go see a doctor
in the end a diagnostic about a mental trouble is only to make you feel secure; you hanging to a label
A label is just going to limit you in the long run. Always. You should get rid of them, not hang on to more of them for a false sense of security.
>>
>>18307012
I wouldn't ever define myself around a label or use it as an excuse but I think having an understanding of why you are the way you are helps make it easier to recognize problems you're specifically having and develop strategies to deal with them. All I've read also says that ADHD medication is incredibly effective at dealing with the symptoms, to the point that a majority of people using it are completely normalized.
>>
Yeah you should get diagnosed, I have it too and I think my symptoms are getting better. Better to be safe than sorry.
>>
File: Unlife of a Toreador.jpg (75KB, 421x406px) Image search: [Google]
Unlife of a Toreador.jpg
75KB, 421x406px
>>18307630
Yeah, I think I should probably see a doctor regardless. I might not have ADHD specifically, but I've started to realize the past few days that a lot of my behavior, like the examples I gave, probably isn't normal. Only problem is that I don't think my insurance will cover enough of an extended psychiatric visit, and I'm pretty sure a regular doctor will either just hand me a questionnaire and a prescription or laugh me out of the room. Better than sitting here and doing nothing though.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.