[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good day job for someone trying to be a full-time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Tattoos.jpg (133KB, 710x354px) Image search: [Google]
Tattoos.jpg
133KB, 710x354px
What's a good day job for someone trying to be a full-time musician?
>>
don do it
>>
>>18306869
Burger flipping probably
>>
>>18306869
>full-time
I don't think you know what this word means
>>
make an instagram account/yt channel, become big, and do advertising, that's your only chance.
>>
>>18306877
>trying
I don't think you know what that word means
>>
>>18306869
Have you tried full time musician?
>>
>>18306869
Any job is a good job
>>
>>18306869
remote infosec. you have basically all the free time in the world.
>>
>>18306880
>I want to do this one job full-time
>What job should I try to get?
What exactly are you asking here?
>>
>>18306987
Alright, alright. I know it's hard to make money just from writing songs, so I'm asking how can I support myself while I build up my presence? I have no job yet.
>>
>>18306997
There is no easy way to get jobs anymore. You can't be a chooser. Basically you can bag groceries, wash dishes or flip burgers.
>>
>>18306997
There you go.

I guess it's up to you. All jobs are meant to support your living.
>>
>>18306875
This is what I do. Does it suck? Yes. Do I still manage to support myself? Yes.

But really, any menial job will work. Do you have a college degree? That alone will get your foot in the door at some more 'uppity' places. Not having one will basically limit you to McJobs.

The people you work with will vary from place to place. Also, don't FUCKING EVER give your bosses the impression that you want to "move up"

I'm going to start managing at my place and fucking hate the thought of it because my weekends are no longer free.

It doesn't matter a whole lot since I only play two or three times a month, but I still try to get out to as many shows as possible to keep networking.

You'll look like an ass if you do this, but bring your CDs with you and if the bands playing have a merch table ask to do a trade. Most people are chill and will, some will say fuck off.

Just remember, it's like finding a needle in a haystack - you gotta sift through A LOT of shit before cutting a break. Even then it might not be that big of a break.

I got lucky since my friend broke his hand so I'm touring with his band this summer. Hope things work out for you, anon.
>>
>>18307126
Thank you man, I appreciate it. If you want to post your stuff here, I'll check it out.
>>
>>18306869
give lessons
repair instruments
work in a retail shop that sells instruments
>>
>>18306869
Work at a music venue or music store if you can. Giving lessons or volunteering at a venue on the side of a standard non-music job is fine, too. Try to play at some house shows, work up to bigger local gigs, sell your bullshit online, like through bandcamp. Sell small merch when able, like pins and patches. Start social media accounts to tastefully promote your band. You can also go join an already existing local band.

You can't really be a full-time musician unless you hit it big, which that vast majority of musicians do not.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.