[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so hard to be a good person? Twenty years in, I still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: sadfrogpixelated.png (24KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrogpixelated.png
24KB, 2048x2048px
Why is it so hard to be a good person?

Twenty years in, I still can't get the hang of it. Regardless of what I do, and how hard I try to improve, I still get shat on and treated like a monster.
>>
>>18306604
Because you're not being empathetic, if you learn to look at things from other people's points of view, you'll probably become a better person.
>>
File: hanging-desktop-suicide.png (248KB, 2048x2135px) Image search: [Google]
hanging-desktop-suicide.png
248KB, 2048x2135px
>>18306608
I do that and still get shafted and taken advantage of by them.
>>
>>18306613
What you just said shows you aren't being very empathetic. You're thinking that you're always the victim. You have to realise people can be good, and they can be evil, of course, but try to see things from other people's perspectives.

Try Headspace, it's an app and it's only 10 sessions (over 10 days), so you're not losing anything if you do it (it's free). It may help you with this. Good luck.
>>
>I still get shat on and treated like a monster.

What does this have to do with being a good person? Do you think that being a good person will suddenly make everyone around you good people as well?
>>
>>18306604
>>18306613
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4IPEBpoad0
>>
>>18306629
I don't see why trying your best to be good to others often results in abuse from them. Two decades thus far and I still can't tell what incurs that behaviour, and why even bothering results in hostility, attacks, even physical compromises to safety.

>>18306628
>try to see things from other people's perspectives.
Like what?
>>
>>18306639
Use Headspace, for your sake it will help you a lot. Empathy is situational.
>>
>>18306644
In what way, though? That doesn't answer my question. Why does trying to be good and emphatic result in mistreatment and taken advantage of?
>>
>>18306649
To some extent, you're letting these people walk over you. Yes, being a nice person involves helping others, but you have to be wary of the assholes and set boundaries.
Got any anecdotes of how you got screwed?
>>
>>18306639
Stop associating with those kinds of people and stop expecting them to ever change.
>>
>>18306655
>brother shot himself when trying to be there for him
>even at my age, can't talk to mother without risking being hit
>backstabbed by many friends if it meant advancing their careers
>past romantic partners either treat you like a doormat, or leave you when try to stick up for yourself
>argument had with dad over ten years ago resulted in him cutting me off, and dying alone from a stroke
>hear from virtually no one these days
>losing my sanity and functionality by the years
Those are the ones at the top of my head.

>>18306656
There never seemed to be a specific type with them. Just whenever I try to meet people, these still happen regardless of personality and character.
>>
>>18306604
Its not hard, you're probably lacking the empathy for others OR you try to be good to people that know you from your 'bad' era and think you're acting weird.

Honestly man, I'm extremely empathetic myself and always put others first, but you get nothing but shit for it. You will only get the other good people to like you but thats like 20% of general public so you're pretty much letting the other 80% shit on you. Be aware that it comes with a burden, like my parents would always abuse the fact I'm always the 'good kid' and when I started getting older and their shit started to piss me off, I started to say "no" to them and all of a sudden I became the black sheep of the family.

>once you start giving people will always want more. If you stop giving, then you will be treated like shit
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.