[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am I supposed to do when someone calls me "privileged?"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1461564657989.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1461564657989.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
What am I supposed to do when someone calls me "privileged?" Like, what's the effect that the person is looking to get from this?

Honestly, it feels like a personal attack, like I'm being immediately judged, and my entire self-worth and value and everything I've ever done dismissed with a "well you're white and heterosexual and attractive, it is impossible for you to have ever struggled." Like I'm a bad person, solely for the way I was born.

Am I being asked to either not talk about success, or apologize for success? What's really the goal?
>>
use it against them
>>
>>18306500

the goal for them is to shut you up. to basically say that 'your opinion doesn't matter because your skin color/gender'.

i remember talking to some girls about how hard it is to be a girl, and i disagreed and they said 'well you're very privileged'

im a homosexual who grew up on a catholic island.
>>
>>18306500

More importantly, why are you even talking to someone like that?

These same people who talk about privilege always shit on people with autism, so fuck 'em. They're hypocrites.

They only go after shit people can actually see. Skin colour, gender.
They don't know shit all else about you, yet claim to be tolerant and deep and like they don't judge people based on their fucking looks.

They're also incapable of seeing the fault in this.

If they were robots sent back in time to destroy society (THEY VERY WELL COULD BE), you couldn't confuse them with a logical paradox because they have logic inhibitors stuck in their heads that makes them go "Well, 2+2 does equal 5".

You can't argue with them, you can't point out hypocrisy, so the only real solution is to isolate and alienate them by removing all contact with them and hoping everyone with a brain cell, at least one, does the fucking same.
>>
>>18306500
laugh at them and walk away
>>
this board sucks none of the posts go through
>>
>>18306562

It happens mainly with some dudes that I've known for a while and are mainstays of two of my groups of friends, so it's hard to just cut them out without cutting everyone out.

They seem to forget and ignore the shit I've gone through in my life and seem to just be hunting for someone to blame for their problems.
>>
don't argue with retards. they'll bring you down to their level and win.
>>
>>18306500
>, it feels like a personal attack, like I'm being immediately judged, and my entire self-worth and value and everything I've ever done dismissed with a "well you're white and heterosexual and attractive, it is impossible for you to have ever struggled."
BUT IT IS TRUTH
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.