[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love my best friend. He can't love back. I know this as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1435372203495.jpg (148KB, 700x379px) Image search: [Google]
1435372203495.jpg
148KB, 700x379px
I love my best friend. He can't love back. I know this as fact.
It hurts me to be around him and not be able to love him openly, but the thought of losing him as a friend borderline kills me.
We were watching 13 reasons why and the topic of unrequited love came up. He says he couldn't be around/ be himself anymore with anyone that loved him and he couldn't love back.
He says it's because something about him attracted this person to him so he couldn't be that person anymore knowing he can't return the feelings back. He doesn't want to hurt that person. I completely understand. I feel like in some twisted way he knows I like him and this is his way to say I'm sorry.
This conversation wether he knew it or not is about me loving him and he not being able to return the feelings. I got my answer... but.
What do you do in this situation. I just don't see anyway out and I can't stand it anymore. I truthfully can't live in this situation anymore. I just can't.
I'm going insane. I've been crying since Tuesday and can't seem to get a hold of myself anymore.
>>
So why can't he love you back? You're too ugly? He's straight and you're a raging homo? Either way, spend more time with other people and create some distance with your friend. A big reason as to why people fall for their best friends is because they lack contact with other people that could be deemed as possible romantic options.
>>
Hahaha. Pussy.

You can be selfish sometimes you know.
>>
>>18305540
The latter part. Im bi. He isnt. I liked him since 8 years ago. Never stopped liking him since.
He is my only friend as of now. I am no longer friends with other people I used to hang with because of various reasons. Wrong crowd and too lonely to cut them off until I really got tired of it I guess.
I'd say I'm anywhere from a 6-7 I'd say. I can push a 7.5 if I dress well enough.

Dated girls, dated guys... all never worked because I never loved them. Just me trying to burn the feelings I have for my friend.
>>
>>18305544
I know I am. If there was a way to not be, other than being dead I would do that in a heart beat.
>>
>>18305553
>He is my only friend as of now. I am no longer friends with other people I used to hang with because of various reasons.
This is the only reason you're obsessing over him.
>>
>>18305529
If you like/love him so much but he is not able to do the same thing back - is he really that great? I mean that's actually a pretty shitty quality in someone you know and it makes them not so great.
>>
>>18305650
I liked him way before I cut ties with other people
>>
>>18305657
It's not great that he can't love me back. However, he is a great person. He loves me as a friend and he has demonstrated that time and time again. He just can't love me as anything more.
I understand I'm the one who should get over him.. I just don't know how. The more I try to get the feelings under control the worse it gets.
>>
Well it can't continue like that. If telling him how you feel and getting properly rejected is what it takes for you to be able to let go and move on then that's what you need to do. I was in love with my best friend for several years until I finally confessed, we dated for around a year, but we were both depressed and the relationship was so bad and shitty that we eventually broke up. It took a long time to get over it, but I did, completely, and I'm glad it all happened as shitty as it was, because I know I would have never gotten properly over her if I didn't at least try.

So yeah, if you continue like this, you'll keep suffering indefinitely. If you get rejected it'll hurt more for some time, but you'll eventually get over it. The latter seems like the best option.
>>
>>18305828
If this is my only choice for it to get better then i guess it will just have to get worse.
For me, losing him as friend would kill me. Literally. I could not handle it.
I suppose i only have two choices which is; it will get worse until it kills me, or it will kill me instantly after i tell him how i feel and he stops wanting to be around me.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.