[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be me. Have a 10 month scholarship to complete my dissertation.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2891.jpg (103KB, 640x802px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2891.jpg
103KB, 640x802px
Be me.

Have a 10 month scholarship to complete my dissertation. I get a job at month 8. Before accepting the job, I call the financial aid office to see how it affects my scholarship. They tell me I have to forfeit the last 2 months of the scholarship. I say okay, and take the job.

Feeling like a complete idiot and asshole right now. If I had just taken the job without calling the financial aid office they probably never would have known and I would have been able to keep a little over 6 thousand dollars that could have gone toward sooo many things.

At the time, my thinking was that I don't want to do anything to mess up getting the degree and I wanted to be a good person and play by the rules.

Now, I realize wealthy people don't play by the rules and I acted like a poor, unentitled sucker. I should have kept quiet and if they caught me feigned ignorance.

I feel so sick about it literally my stomach hurts me.

Any solace?
>>
>>18305459
Wealthy people can hire Mr Goldberg if/when they get caught. Can you?
>>
>>18305466
No. But what would they have done?
I don't know... I feel like they played me for a chump. Playing off my fear that I would get caught or something.

But I remember one time they said they overpaid me and took it all back, I can't even remember how that panned out but- what's the worst they would have done? I would have said
"Oh sorry I didn't know I was breaking the rules"
And they either would have said, "it's okay we will let it slide and be more clear in the future" or been like "we need the money back" but either way it would have been the same.
>>
>>18305506
They would take the risk since they can afford to deal with any kind of negative consequences. The joys of being too big too fail.

>But I remember one time they said they overpaid me and took it all back
Completely different scenario either way.

>"Oh sorry I didn't know I was breaking the rules"
Ignorance is never an excuse. They could've shrugged it off but they could've easy sue your ass for attempted fraud too. Depends a lot on the contract and what else.

You're almost done with uni and you got a job. No point worrying about how things could've turned even better. And you did it fair too without a system designated to give you a fellatio at every opportunity. There will be chances to make 6 grand look small in the future, focus on that.
>>
>>18305528
Thanks. That does make me feel better.
>>
>>18305459
Poor baby. He was hoping to get away with something illicit and now he's going to have to play by the same rules as everyone else.

(The obvious thing to do would have been to ask the employers if he could delay starting the job by two months to complete his degree. Since it would be to their benefit, they'd probably agree.)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.