[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll be graduating high school soon. I've never held

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1490193313809.jpg (301KB, 1151x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1490193313809.jpg
301KB, 1151x1077px
I'll be graduating high school soon. I've never held a job before. What should I be doing with my life?
University isn't really an option in my situation.

I don't have any hobbies and spend all my free time surfing the internet. I'm really lost, /adv/. NEETdom is out of the question, because my mum is getting old and she's already had enough shit happen to her in life.
>>
Get a job, anything you can get.
>>
At this point, anything really, but preferably something where there is a space you can grow (not a waiter or alike): I think the best is to find a job where they pay less but you can learn something useful. And you definitely need to change your lifestyle with the internet, sorry but that's how it is. Good luck, anon!
>>
Join the French foreign legion.
>>
File: akuicw.jpg (2MB, 1920x7881px) Image search: [Google]
akuicw.jpg
2MB, 1920x7881px
>>18305356
>>18305360
I'll need to get a car first. I've been eyeballing the Corolla. It'll be only a few grand. There are plenty of businesses with the kilometre. I could walk for the first few months.

>>18305366
I'm Australian sorry. I was an air cadet in my early teens, but found orders confusing. I need guidelines and dependence because I'm afraid that i'll screw over.
>>
>>18305374
>driving
>within a kilometre
How much of a fatass are you?

Also if you're an Australian, you're not graduating until the end of the year. That's not 'soon'
>>
I did community college because it was cheap or free with government assistance. That's in the states though.

Get a part-time job. You don't need a car. You'd be surprised how many grown people who work shit jobs like that take the bus or use some sort of public transportation. A bicycle is an option too.
>>
>>18305374
You can still join. They have almost no requirements beyond you being able to do some pull-ups and that kind of grunt shit. You don't even have to speak French. That's why they call it the French 'Foreign' Legion, not just the French Legion...
>>
>>18305376
I meant a couple of kilometres sorry. It would normally take about 10 minutes to drive and 2 hours to walk. I should have added that before.

>>18305379
>bicycle
I like this idea, but I would also need a car. Some days I'll feel too tired to pedal for 30mins home, or it'll be shitty weather. I might buy a bike as well to save on oil.
>>
>>18305388
>I meant a couple of kilometres sorry. It would normally take about 10 minutes to drive and 2 hours to walk. I should have added that before.
A 'couple of kilometres' doesn't take two hours to walk or 10 minutes to drive.
>>
>>18305387
Okay I'll give it a thought if I really don't have any options at home. Sorry for misunderstanding
>>
>>18305388
Real life doesn't give a shit if you're tired. My car got stolen and I had to ride my bike in the rain to work because if I didn't work I couldn't pay my rent and I'd not only lose my car, but my home as well. When you're an adult you do what you have to do, and no a single person in the world gives a shit if you're tired or unlucky.
>>
Get a sales job and work hard at it, many companies with great products like Kirby or Cutco will teach you alot. I sell Cutco and we have a scholarship program available for students. Another great thing about a sales job is that your lack of experience will actually be seen as a good thing. At your age because being fresh out of school you'll be seen as teachable, which is valued in sales because you need to keep learning new things to be a good salesman. You need to either have thick skin or be willing to get thicker skin because you will hear the word "no" alot, but persistence overcomes resistance. Also if you get into sales fresh out of highschool and stick with it you'll earn more than your friends who go to University and have a career established by the time they're graduating. A little about me and my background in giving you this advice, sales makes up half of my resume. I've sold Kirby, Cutco, concessions, carnival games, tarot readings, landscaping services, cellphones, and alot of miscellaneous things, too many misc things to list. Look up Vector Marketing, they love hiring people your age.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.