[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got STD tested and get the results friday afternoon with my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1490108150712.gif (2MB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1490108150712.gif
2MB, 500x750px
I got STD tested and get the results friday afternoon with my doctor. I have these small pink marks on the head of my dong, like as if it's scaley or shingley or bumpy, and have burning during some urination. I think I might have either HPV or Herpes.

Anybody got tips on living life after getting an STD? How did it change your life, how did you adapt to it? How do you bring it up with future partners? Do they accept you?
>>
>>18304795
don't have one but I imagine the most righteous path is to stick to serious dating from now on

>why serious dating?
the only scenario where it makes a lot of sense to risk getting hpv or herpes (guess herpes is not too big a deal) is when the person is liable to become your spouse.

maybe you'll have success disclosing that and asking for sex anyway. lots of people are drunk and/or have bad long-term thinking skills.

whatever you do, please disclose it to partners. be a good person, anon.
>>
>>18304795
HPV is not a big deal; literally everyone who's sexually active is assumed to be a carrier because of how common it is. Yes there are some strains that cause cervical cancer, but we can vaccinate for them so it's mostly a benign thing (unless you get genital warts). Personally, and maybe this is a scummy thing to say, I'm not sure I'd even bring up having it.

Herpes is a bigger deal IMHO but a lot of people are pretty chill about it because in reality it doesn't really do all that much except periodically cause discomfort. It's good to be upfront about it
>>
>>18304827
>everyone has HPV
>nobody gets cancer from it anymore
nope nope nope not at all fuck you

this is just bullshit you tell yourself to avoid facing the reality of having an std

>herpes is a bigger deal
nope nope nope

herpes is the one 1 in 3 people have by the time they've been sexually active for a decade or two. it's the actual common one, not your hpv.

herpes is itchier, but it doesn't cause CANCER like hpv does
also, OP

please get the doctor to tell you if it's herpes or hpv
>>
>>18304835
nah everybody has hpv and herpes neither of them are a big deal.
>>
I don't understand herpes. If "everyone has it" then what's the shit that you catch that causes the sore outbreaks?
>>
hey, you don't know if you've got anything yet so I don't blow this out of proportion just yet.

I got HSV1 from my first serious girlfriend (6 years), and it sucked. I never bothered making myself properly aware of the risks, but there's no point kicking myself over it now.

If it's that you probably won't have to worry about any personal discomfort. A lot of people never have another outbreak. I'd get the chicken pox shot - I did a bit of research that really calmed my nerves, namely this:

> "From 2005 through 2011, for the 24 anti-VZV vaccinated patients, the average number of herpes relapses decreased to 0, correlated with an increased anti-VZV antibody level and clinical recovery of all patients"

I understand you'll have issues with self worth and wondering how your love life will be after this, I did too. It's totally fair. I always disclose before there's any kind of contact, but I level it as a 'cold sore' because that's what it is(your chance of infecting a partner from your dick is lower than if you had it on your lips anyway).

It hasn't affected me anywhere near as much as I thought it would. Don't worry- just focus on being the best you can be and let the rest sort itself out. There's no point worrying about something you can't change now. AA has something similar I think(not religious): "God give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change/Courage to change the things I can/and wisdom to know the difference."

My (new) partner accepts me all the same. Love is like that.
>>
>>18304866
second this herpes is not the end of the world and I'd be willing to have crotch itch all the time for someone I loved

most of the time there won't be symptoms

just make sure you don't have HPV, because that stuff can cause cancer
>>
I had chlamydia few weeks ago. didnt have any symptoms besides a small drop of discharge every now and then. went to the doc and he prescribed a single dose of 2 pills and it was gone in a few days. use a condom.
>>
>>18304827
Depending on where you live only people who are ~19 or younger have gotten the HPV vaccine. It's useless to take it once you're sexually active, so it's only given to children and they started fairly recently. That, and in some areas more than 50% of children eligible have declined getting it ( or their parents have)
>>
Life is shit, people are shit if I had aids I would be fucking bare everything that moves just to spite you all.

It's your responsibilities to use a condom, same goes for the people you're laying with, if they don't have the common sense to ask for condoms is not your fault, at the same time if you're fucking people who doesn't use condoms with testing them is your head.

I can only take care of one person and that's me, no one gives a fuck and you should always assume everybody has something cus we do
>>
>>18304853
It's like how basically everyone is carrying chicken pox. They were infected at one point, there was a flareup. Then, symptoms disappeared, but the virus remains in your system, lying dormant.

In most people, it remains dormant for the rest of their life. But it's still there, hanging out in the nerves. Occasionally when the immune system is compromised by age, stress, or other factors, the virus reawakens and causes another outbreak. This is shingles.

Herpes basically does the same thing. it is beneficial to the virus to not cause any harm to the host or even be easily visible. That makes it easier for it to survive and spread. It's a plus for both humans and virus for it to remain asymptomatic, so it usually does.

The really nasty viruses such as plagues that fuck up our immune systems came from other animals, and are very mild illnesses for them. They're adapted to another species, so what counts as a runny nose for them can kill us. This is just as bad for the viruses, because a dead host can't propagate the virus.
>>
>>18305040
Hiv got transmitted by niggers fucking monkeys, true story
>>
>>18304795
It could also just be stress. You know, like some people get rashes from stress or emotional trauma.

I've gone to two different doctors, with similar symptoms twice - 2004 and last Christmas - and both said naw that's not an std. Could also have been bad hygiene. I hade the same symptoms just the last week, with excess smegma. I've been sleeping in a cottage with no running water, only using wet wipes for cleaning, so it's probably that. Woke up today, after a nice and thorough shower last night, and nothing.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.