[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have $4500 and I want to move to Colorado. I'm currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1451720336525.jpg (11KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1451720336525.jpg
11KB, 340x340px
I have $4500 and I want to move to Colorado. I'm currently stuck in a small suburban shithole in Georgia, that I've lived in since I was 10 (I'm turning 22 in september).
In the past year, I had to drop out of college due to an opiate/cocaine addiction. Got sent to rehab, came back to live with my parents. At first everything was going well- I had a decent job, I was saving money and staying clean- things were ok. Unfortunately, my manager was a fucking psychopath and I had to quit. Spent a couple of months NEET'ing it up, hanging out with friends, smoking weed every day. Met a girl, fell in love, got another job. I then got fired from that job for "not meshing well" (whatever the fuck that means), and my girlfriend left me for another guy.
All of my friends have moved on. They either hate me or they're out living their own lives. I have no one to stay here for. I'm depressed to the point where I can't get out of bed in the morning, so I sleep 15 hours a day. I never leave the house. I'm scared that if I stay here and try to make the best of it, I'll relapse and eventually die (or an hero, whichever happens first). I've been buying suboxone off the streets and it isn't doing the trick anymore, and relapse is literally just $20 and a phone call away.

My best friend lives out in Fort Collins, and I think $4500 is enough of a safety net that if I try and find a job ASAP, I might actually start a new life for myself. I've fucked up my life here, but I can maybe start fresh and be happy for the first time in years.

It's a risk and I'm fucking terrified. someone please tell me if I'm making a huge mistake. should I just take the money and bolt?
>>
>>18304223

I think it's a good idea. If you hate your town, you could use a change of pace and start a new life. Leave all that shit behind. Maybe do some research on CO to see any places that might interest you first.

Also, it's impressive that you kicked a drug addiction. That's awesome man.
>>
>>18304223
>>18304231
Yeah man, congrats on loosing the addiction, that takes balls.

And is he still your best friend? If so then do it, but it would be sad if you moved out there just to find out he moved away.
>>
>>18304245
yeah he's been helping me plan and giving me info on the area. he's actually been a huge help.
he moved a couple of months ago for pretty much the same reasons I am, and he seems happier than I've ever seen him.
>>
>>18304248

Then I think you're set. You should give it a shot! Colorado seems like a nice place to be unless you're a minority.
>>
I think you should do it bro. A change of scenery can make a world of a difference. I was miserable when I was still living in Germany but since I've moved to NZ I'm happier than ever
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.