[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it okay to quit your job without a 2 weeks notice? Long story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: rbor8.jpg (37KB, 314x400px) Image search: [Google]
rbor8.jpg
37KB, 314x400px
Is it okay to quit your job without a 2 weeks notice?

Long story short, I started working at a steakhouse as a server about a month ago. It's 45 minutes away. At first I didn't mind because I was desperate for a job and needed to start making money asap. But the driving is getting annoying especially with traffic it can take up to an hour drive. The money is average. Not worth my driving back and forth imo. I don't feel like working there for another 2 weeks. Mother's day is coming up so this weekend will be slammed so I won't quit just yet but after this weekend it will be slow and not worth my time.

I just want to quit but I feel uncomfortable because they're already short on staff and a bunch of people already quit because they graduated from college. I feel bad but my car is old and I don't want to drive back and forth for average money. What should I do?
>>
>>18304109
Do you have another job lined up?
>>
you have no reason to not give notice. but yeah, quit
>>
>>18304112
Currently still searching but I read some Reddit forums to look into sales. Since I already sell food and alcohol, how hard could it be?

But I'd settle for anything that's closer to me than 1hr away. I'm guessing I should wait until I have something locked before I quit? What if the other job asks why can't I start asap? I gotta say I'm working at another job but about to quit soon so hold up. Then will they think I'll quit on the spot for them?
>>
>>18304119
So basically even if it's not 2 weeks notice then something is better than nothing? It's gonna be so awkward working with them after I give a few days notice but I suppose it's better than no notice
>>
Have they been good to you? Just be honest and do the notice as a gesture of good will.

I've recently left my job of 2 years in a matter of an hour, but only since I couldn't take the abuse and disrespect that was going on.
>>
>>18304109
If they've been good to you, it would still be a good idea to provide a two weeks notice. You leave on good terms, and they may even support you a little if you need it. It also looks good on resume if you did put in a notice because it looks to your new employer that you won't potentially fuck over your job.
>>
>>18304209
>>18304305
They have been good to me. Besides management bitching at me about drinking a sip from my coffee when food needs to be run (when I've been running food all day). I was about to quit on the spot that day. But they chilled out since then and been friendly. I don't want to put in my two weeks because I'm not making money there and it's a lot of driving and I'm not going to put them on my resume. I've been there for 1 month.
>>
>>18304173
believe me it's extremely awkward to see your old bosses and coworkers after quitting with no notice. give two weeks because even though they shouldn't even need it, they will think you're an asshole if you don't. it's dumb but it's the truth.

and it's not that awkward to work with people after giving notice. nobody gives a shit.
>>
The two weeks is to cover your remaining assigned shifts without ditching that on the management. If they're already short on people, it would be better for you to give notice and finish your assigned shifts instead of leaving a gap in the schedule.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.