[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a 27 year old American and there's no hope for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1477266989898.gif (947KB, 499x477px) Image search: [Google]
1477266989898.gif
947KB, 499x477px
I'm a 27 year old American and there's no hope for me here. I can't afford to leave and my solitary ambition of making a living as a writer is laughable at this point. I don't know what to do or how to cope with the horrifying realities that are multiplying each passing day.
>>
get a job

why do you feel entitled to happiness? why does it matter that you are American and can't leave? does anyone really owe you anything anywhere?
>>
>>18303395
I have a job. I assume I'm entitled to advice, since that's the name of the board, but maybe not.
>>
>>18303406
what advice are you looking for then
>>
>>18303425
Advice on how to leave my country on a minimum wage budget and/or how to cope with the ugliness of certain political realities.
>>
>>18303390
>my solitary ambition of making a living as a writer is laughable at this point
Come to >>>/lit/. You can share your misery
>>
>>18303390
NOBODY, bar a handful of best-seller writers, makes a living writing. Every writer in America has a day job, usually teaching.

Google "famous writers' day jobs", stop feeling sorry for yourself, and do your writing after hours.
>>
>>18303438
>cope with...certain political realities
be less pessimmistic

>leave my country on a minimum wage budget
why are you opposed to making money?
>>
>>18303438
your attitude is shit don't be a wanker
>>
>>18303406
You're not entitled to anything. Entitlement in itself is a bizarre notion
>>
>>18303485
you sound high on your own farts. of course entitlement is real.
>>
>>18303476
Oh, I'm not opposed to making money. I'm just not qualified to make above a minimum wage paygrade. In order to obtain higher pay, I'd need to assume additional responsibilities which means sacrificing the time and mental capacity required (for me) to write
>>
>>18303485
I feel this is a conversation better reserved for a different thread, possibly on a different board. You would be hard pressed to find people who agree with you on a board that necessitates entitlement.
>>
Writing and not making money is a no win you loser. Get your lazy ass up and get a real job with responsibility you loser
>>
>>18303453
This is fair, although I feel it's further from the truth than it used to be. Plenty of writers make a living writing dimestore potboilers, articles and short fictions for magazines, etc. Although 'plenty' is still a statistical anomaly compared to the number of aspiring authors, to your point.
>>
>>18303438
> blablabla US politics suck life is over
The shills are out in force today. Even /adv/ is not spared. Lots of posts with this particular narrative today. Smh
>>
>>18303516
sounds lazy, honestly

you don't even have an interest in the job market, but you want to travel internationally? wake up.

you could to go somewhere that the US or the EU has propped up the economy, but there you'll become even poorer.

you could go to a developing country where everything is cheaper, but then you'll face a serious culture shock and maybe even some major health risks
>>
>>18303541
no, he's depressed by people like you. nobody is paying him to feel that way.

piss off.
>>
File: IMG-20170509-WA0032.jpg (182KB, 1157x1114px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170509-WA0032.jpg
182KB, 1157x1114px
>>18303390

Hey dude. Dont listen to the little bastards that assume that you are too lazy or negative to be entittles to get q piece of advice here. Everyone has their own way of living and circumstances that are unknown to others.

To make a living off your writting you don't need to be a genius really. It depends 80% on the contacs you make, 10% on good luck and the rest is for talent.

Have you considered sending your writting to any editorial? Do you have a mentor? Do you know someone who has achieved your goal already to ask for advice?

If you want to live off your minimum wage, i dont recommend you to come to the developing countries (i am from argieland and we are all pretty much fucked).

Work part time and invest your time in creating a contact list that can help you to reach your goal. I work 9 hours per day where i live and i can hardly make ends meet or find time to continue studying college for a degree.
>>
>>18303570
there was no actual advice asked for

how to cope? exist. coping is natural. humans are resilient. the histrionics from op are fucking stupid
>>
File: IMG-20170508-WA0040.jpg (188KB, 1080x1052px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170508-WA0040.jpg
188KB, 1080x1052px
>>18303583

>goes to /adv/
>doesnt want ro give advice

Nice try, shitpost-san
>>
>>18303609
advice is for problems. this person gives themselves their own problems. believe it or not people all over have to "deal with it" and in sorry if this free advice from 4chan isn't good enough
>>
File: IMG-20170508-WA0036.jpg (169KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170508-WA0036.jpg
169KB, 1200x1600px
>>18303683

Dude, chill.

He came to /adv/ for advice. Keep it in mind. You dont have anything useful to say? Carry on. Simple as that.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.