[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true marriage is now a meme? I don't see myself ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 8303sga3q6wy.jpg (62KB, 700x887px) Image search: [Google]
8303sga3q6wy.jpg
62KB, 700x887px
Is it true marriage is now a meme? I don't see myself ever getting married unless I decide to have children.
What are the upsides?
Would it be worth it with a prenup?
>>
marriage is a trap
>>
>>18303377
It used to be kind of a protection against adultery, as it used to be illegal.
Now women can sleep around all they want, then divorce you over some bullshit reason and get half your shit.
I've heard prenups are easy to do away with too.

Seems more and more like a trap to me. Sad because I really want a wife and kids.
>>
it depens on what you make of it. marriage can be a disaster or a wonderful promise. and it stands or falls with the people involved. that means, if you are immature enough to marry an unworthy person, you pretty much brought this to yourself.
giving marriage a bad name because of stupid people who aren't able to keep up a stable and functional relationship is like saying science is bad because some morons use it to develope nuclear weapons.
there are good reasons to get married, and there are very bad ones. so if you consider marriage, make sure you know WHY you get married and why your partner gets married. and also check if you are both willing to not give up when slight inconveniences arise (a habit a lot of people have... not only when it comes to relationships) and seek help if you realize you aren't fit to sort shit out on your own.
>>
Nah, marriage is great.. if you're a woman.
>>
>>18303377

prenups are not as easy to throw out as people claim, however there is a lot of misinformation about what a pre-nup is.

a pre-nup only protects your pre-existing assets. that means stuff you had BEFORE getting married.

for most men thats their TV and an xbox. the stuff you get AFTER you are married is still shared property. the whole point of marriage is that you own property together, and that union is meant to be life long, and that means your wife gets part of your wages for the rest of your life.

if you dont want that, then dont get married. the whole 'SHE CAN STILL SUE YOU FOR A COMMON LAW MARRIAGE' thing is extremely rare.
>>
Marriage is only really for religious poeple it has meaning for them. I dont know why non religious poeple do it only for show. In my country also if you live with your girlfriend for more than 3 years she can still claim half your shit. My mates dad a rich dude would dump his GF every 3 years to be safe.
>>
>>18303608
But what about people changing over time?
>>
>>18303764
nobody is a mature and sane person and then turns into a witch. then you just haven't took the time to get to really know them, blatantly overlooked the signs, are equally crazy or have very poor skills at reading people.
everybody change with time. if those natural progresses (excluding shit i mentioned before, i mean the normal process of maturing and getting older) threaten your relationship then the fault lies in the ability to communicate or seek help.
some people change a lot. they might only discover sides to themselfes they didn't know about years into a relationship. but those aren't "i want to try big black cock" in sane individuals. that might be "i actually don't enjoy working with people and would rather try my luck with something more technical" or "i want to try how it would suit me to live in the countryside" instead of "i think i need to explore myself and you're holding me back".
>>
The purpose of marriage is an inherently theological discussion as it was instituted by God. The short secular answer is to show your community that you're off the market and provide a stable environment in which to raise children. It's telling everyone "I love this woman/man enough to commit my entire life to them". Unfortunately, no-fault divorce laws complete undermines that but it's more a caveat to living in a godless society than a problem with marriage itself.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.