[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm depressed and so is my fiancé. I suffer from major

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: sad.jpg (110KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
110KB, 500x502px
I'm depressed and so is my fiancé.

I suffer from major depression, the constant low kind and have for most of my life, I first tried to kill myself when I was six. I have ups and downs but no manic highs. I have done drugs and alcohol in the past but have been more or less clean for 3 years apart from a through fall offs.

My fiancé is bipolar, and vocal about it, always telling me he's miserable or stressed or whatever. He just told me that at least I'm always constantly miserable, it's just a nice even plateau of sadness where as he goes through mood swings like a menopausal 2 year old (paraphrasing).

I don't know how to cope anymore, our life is a bit crap but theres plenty of good, I always make an effort to be sympathetic to him and he tries to be sympathetic to me, sometimes we fail sometimes we succeed.

Trouble is right now I want to kill him or me or everyone. I just have days when his depression on top of mine is too much, how can I cope with that? I don't want to push him away when he's struggling but when I'm going through my own shit I really don't feel able to carry his shit as well.

I don't know what to do or if this post makes any sense. I'm on my third double whiskey and I just don't know. sorry.
>>
>>18303166
I'm bipolar and my wife suffers from depression, so we're in a similar situation to you. We argue sometimes and it can get really bad, but eventually we kind of got used to holding each other up. Hug your fiancé, talk to each other about it and be as open as possible. Get out of the house and do things with each other.

Sometimes, it all does build up and becomes too much. Don't worry about being a burden to your fiancé at all, you're engaged after all so he must care about you deeply.

Drinking it out is going to do more harm than good.
And I know you've probably heard this before, but have you tried therapy? Personally it didn't help either me or my wife and we eventually sorted it out ourselves, but it has really helped some people I know.

Best of luck. God bless you.
>>
>>18303190
How do you do the getting out of the house? That was actually todays argument! He feels trapped but doesn't want to go out alone and I cannot cope with going out today.

Your post helped more than you can possibly know man, just hearing someone say "I know".
>>
>>18303198
Glad to know it helped.

As for getting out of the house, it's very much something you both have to work out on your own. I spent most of my teenage years indoors and hated the thought of being outside as well, but in the end I figured that I'd have to do it for her.
You don't have to do anything major at first. Even something as simple as going for a walk in the park together for an hour or so will make you both feel much better than staying at home.
>>
>>18303166
you may disregard it as new-age bullshit, but, i went through a hard-core depressive period in my life. it all lasted almost 2 years, and it seemed to me like a natural state of my life, like i would stay that way forever. than, i tried lsd, and it illuminated a hole new part of me. it certainly won't cure your depression in instant, but it'll give you something you can work with: motivation, insight, etc.. maybe give it a shot?
>>
File: we can do it pwomis.jpg (121KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
we can do it pwomis.jpg
121KB, 500x500px
>>18303224
I shall keep trying Anon.
>>
>>18303246
1 Peter 5:8
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

>>18303248
Good luck! I believe in you! I mean, if I can do it then you certainly can.
>>
>>18303254
well, if being depressive is what god wants of you, and will punish you for trying out being happy instead, than god.
>>
>>18303254
Does your faith help at all? Curious
>>
>>18303267
will stabbing a fork into your eye kill you? sure, but there are still better ways to kill yourself. same with religion... it'll give you some comfort, but you would need to twist physical laws and world around you in order for it to be truthful, which is just stupid
>>
>>18303264
Don't interpret it so literally. Take the devil as all of the problems such as strain on your interpersonal relationships and socioeconomic situations. It's best to stay strong on your own, rather than being dependent on a potentially life ruining drug for your happiness. You can only go backwards with hedonism, Anon.

>>18303267
Very much so. I didn't always believe in God, but once I accepted it everything has felt much clearer. I don't spend time worrying about why I exist or how fucked up everything might get. Thanks to my faith I can live knowing that I'm being looked after, and that everything will work out in the end.
I don't think that people can be "converted" or anything though. It's very much something you have to find out for yourself.
>>
>>18303282
Sounds like a kind of version of ignorance is bliss or a parent figure (not in a bad way)

I was actually more wondering if it'd be worth encouraging my partners faith and pursuing my own more. (Shinto/buddhist and a leveyan satanist)
>>
>>18303280
I don't twist the physical laws around me at all. I believe in evolution and such, just that it is God's creation. Knowing that everything around me was created with purpose really helps to appreciate the beauty of everything sometimes. It's a great source of motivation to get out and see the world, I'll tell you that much.
>>
>>18303282
well, that's the thing, it's not hedonism, it's therapy. i'm not saying you should do it everyday. and even if you wanted, you couldn't, since it stops having any effect after 3 days. all i'm saying is for you to try it out, it's creative drug, and not drug in hedonistic sense.. do your research... it's impossible to get addiction from it, and it can only do you good, and thousands ppl repported
>>
>>18303295
I suppose that is one way of putting it, yeah. It takes the edge off things by quite a lot. It also gives me a list of set rules to follow towards self-improvement that makes me want to actually carry out, like some kind of biblical classical conditioning.

I very much encourage that. It's thanks to my wife that I'm this way- I was an agnostic theist before meeting her, and it can make you feel much closer to one another in the long run.

>>18303301
To each their own, Anon. In my personal opinion it is much better to stay sober and cope, rather than take something to make myself feel better. I'm not going to talk you out of it. As long as you're happy, I guess. Muh book of morals forbids it.
>>
>>18303301
I'm sorry what? It's impossible to get addicted to alcohol?
>>
>>18303346
i'm talking about lsd... i'm ex-alcoholic.. would not recommend it to anyone...
>>
>>18303370
Ah was gonna say like.
>>
Im sorry for what you're going through, I'm in the same position but sadly we are not engaged. He just stormed off, I think this was it. We've both become increasingly destructive. I do not recognize both of what we have become.

I hope all goes well for you and become a happy married couple.

Just one question, you mentioned you had always been depressed, was there a life event that caused this?

Wish you the best
>>
>>18303860
It's not over if you make amends quickly, Anon. You've realised that you're both destructive, and knowing is half the battle.
If you really love him, don't give up. You can fix this if you work together.
>>
Both of you need to practice a healthy emotional distance, and coping mechanisms other than wallowing.
>>
I'm schizophrenic and have been with a few people with different mental illnesses, as an earlier anon stated, go out more often.

It's daunting to me seeing as I'm naturally paranoid and scared and reserved a lot of the time but once you're out it's far better, you'll never get happier being couped up all day inside
>>
>>18303967
This is probably going to be a little awkward, but my wife and I have been through everything you have. She has self harmed during some of our worst arguments and now has scars on her legs because of me. Sometimes I would accuse her of cheating and she would cut herself up to snap me out of it.

This sounds like a really rough period of your relationship and trust me, half a year ago I was in the exact same situation. Eerily similar, for that matter.
If you really, truly care about each other then you absolutely will find a way to work it through these troubling times. My wife and I worked through our problems, and so will you if you're both willing to put that effort in.

I'm similar to him, so I'll give you advice from experience. Do not self harm any further. It doesn't matter if it makes you feel good. It doesn't matter if it helps you deal with your fights. It doesn't matter if you want to prove that he cares. It is doing nothing but put a huge, *huge* amount of strain on both of you.
His jealousy is because he cares about you. Don't think I'm saying that it's okay because it isn't, but he feels that way because deep down he wants you for himself. He doesn't necessarily think the worst of you, but rather is very shit at expressing his worry and ends up being aggressive about it. It's best if both of you talk it out, as I'm sure there are a lot of misunderstandings which get really out of control.

Trust me, work it through the things like this and you'll be together for a very long time.
>>
>>18304034
>now has scars because of me
nope

>she would cut herself to snap me out of it
nope

>exact same situation
>eerily similar
there might be some similarities

but yeah don't cut yourselves. it doesn't make sense to want to be successful and on one hand cut your own skin for dramatics.
>>
>>18304039
Absolutely. Self harm is shit, and both people suffer because of it.
Like I said though, if they work through it and don't give up it'll be a bright future. That sounds kind of shit and most people would turn away there, but I'm speaking from my own experience here.
>>
>>18304059
yeah that's probably true. if things ever get better, which they might not, the two will have a stronger bond at the end

sometimes situations are very workable, and other times they aren't. I've had breakups where circumstances were obviously to blame, but then I've had friendships where the other person is obviously the problem, and unwilling to change.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.