[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think i may have fucked up on my dream job application because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I think i may have fucked up on my dream job application because i rounded my gpa

Ive passed 2 online tests, an online interview, 2 assessment days and 2 irl interviews for it and im essentially now waiting for clearance - criminal, employment and educational history before i get the offer.

I just noticed now though that for some reason i rounded my first and second year GPA up to 1 dp by .05 and .04, but not my third year in my application (which is correct and to 2 dp). There are multiple causes of worry now.

Firstly i legally declared this to be true on my application and ive just realised its false (its a government job so i dont want to fuck around). To some extent it could be though that i was invited to the final test on a false GPA. On the other hand even without rounding i pass the entry requirement + GPA is not the grading system in my country so this sort of thing may be overlooked simply because of unfamiliarity with the way it is calculated etc as long as i hit entry requirements either way.

On the other hand theyre going to have my academic transcript and be able to potentially detect the discrepancy - whether or not they make a deal about or not.

So what should i do? Come clean and say i made a small error on my application - which they could overlook or could see me disqualified on the spot for . Or hope they don't notice or hope they just assume there was a small calculation error if they do (they could i guess still disqualify me)
>>
>>18302954
anyone? ;_;
>>
Call and explain to them that you looked at your transcripts mention you thought you knew the numbers off hand.The sooner the better.
>>
>>18303261
I was thinking this would be a good thing to do.

But then I also realised that my 'yearly grades' are not on my transcript, only my final grade. You have to sit and calculate yearly grades from 28 individual course grades.

Consider that my country doesn't actually use GPA (i studied abroad) on top of this.

The discrepancy looks more like an issue with calculation rather than outright deception. Especially since I would pass their requires regardless of rounding or not.

I just feel that being straight up about it, may make it an issue - especially since I declared the rounded up ones to be true to the best of my knowledge etc, whereas just not mentioning it may seem like I didn't realise I had done anything wrong (ie calculation error)
>>
>>18302954
Oh, for Pete's sake, relax. Unless they specified that your GPAs had to be correct to two decimal points they won't even notice you rounded them off.

Say nothing. If you start apologizing they'll wonder if you have something really big to hide.
>>
>>18303303
They didn't say.

However the fact that I rounded some and not others is a bit strange.

Especially since when you then calculate the final grade (which I did not actually report), it is slightly higher than what is on my transcript (above by .02)

Again I'm probably overthinking this, but it was a pretty dumb thing to do. I think their background checks are a bit more thorough than for a regular job.
>>
>>18303303
Yep. No reason to make a fuss nor call them. You'd basically be giving a red flag and put them on a position where they need to react, whereas they're likely not interested that much on GPA.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.