[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ex contacts me after months of no contact >casual talks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>ex contacts me after months of no contact
>casual talks for a couple of weeks
>now seems he avoids talking to me

Wtf - why? What this could mean?
>>
Who cares? He's your ex for a reason.
>>
>>18302810
Probably broke up with their partner and was looking for a replacement. Someone else was quicker and now they don't need you anymore. Cheers.
>>
>>18302810
The fact that you responded was all your ex was looking for. They wanted to know that you were still interested in them or thinking of them. By you responding, it tells them that they were the winner in the breakup.

General rule is to make no further attempts at contact or responses when a relationship ends
>>
>>18302878
>>18302879
I have a question. Is this how people think about/treat other people?

It feels so cheap and hollow to treat anyone like this, much less someone who used to be close to you. If my ex starts talking to me, i'd say hi and try to speak to her like a genuine, decent person. Why all these games goddamn
>>
>>18302871
Ah. You're right.
Thanks. I should have your reply as daily reminder.
>>
>>18302883
They probably rationalize their behavior is some way or another, but yeah that is how people think.
>>
>>18302879
This.

>>18302883
Not always. But there are sometimes. Depends on how you broke up. There are break ups where it was one sided and there are break ups that are mutual. One sided tends to be the testy one while mutual ones tend to be friendly.
>>
>>18302883
It is honestly how many people treat eachother. A few phenomena can explain these behaviors. Most people suffer from the better than average effect, thinking themself more attractive or desirable then the average. When their own view of them self is challanged, for example when they get rejected by someone who they thought was less desirable than themself, they actively try to reduce the cognitive dissonance associated with this viewpoint. Hence, they contact an exe to try and prove they are still desirable. If this doesn't work, they might go to bars or go on tinder for a similar effect. The texting the exe, though, is the quickest way and may have the strongest effect, so it is usually done first
>>
>>18302883
Some people yes, some other grow up and act decently like you said.
>>
>>18302810
If someone mistreated you while you were together that doesn't end just because you break up. That is why you cut contact with an ex.
>>
>>18302891
>>18302899
interesting. i really dislike stuff like this, don't want it at all in my life.

>>18302892
>depends on the breakup
i mean thats fair enough, but i feel thinking like this and/or treating people like this is really shitty. all these games and plays and using people for personal benefit and all that shit. it feels so disingenuous and dishonest.
>>
>>18302911
>i mean thats fair enough, but i feel thinking like this and/or treating people like this is really shitty. all these games and plays and using people for personal benefit and all that shit. it feels so disingenuous and dishonest.

Sometimes people are emotionally imbalanced. When I broke up once, I talked to a lot of people. Knew I was bothering them a lot but I just needed to let it out.
>>
Probably fell for you or got reminded of the reasons you both broke up
>>
>>18302810
There's something wrong with your bulbasaur or is it the zubat??
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.