[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A friend of mine tried to kill himself yesterday and we're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 20170429_162302.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170429_162302.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
A friend of mine tried to kill himself yesterday and we're going to see him in hospital today. What do you even say to someone that has gone through that?

Pic unrelated
>>
>im glad you are alive you shitter, dont try it again because ill kill you if you do ;)
>>
File: download.jpg (103KB, 750x750px)
download.jpg
103KB, 750x750px
>>18302640
"I'm here if you want to do something"

or try to set up something fun you can do together some day. I guess your friend feels alone and that the world doesn't really care for him. Very common for young males these days sadly
>>
>>18302659

It's actually the 4th time he's tried to do it, the 1st time while I've known him though.

He was the in a love triangle and the girl chose the person she had been in a relationship with for 4 years (rightly so) and I suspect he was expecting a totally different outcome, so he got pissed and OD'd. Me and the girl he was seeing are going to see him today to try and clear the air a bit.

Fun fun fun fun
>>
File: 1486450154236.jpg (19KB, 480x240px) Image search: [Google]
1486450154236.jpg
19KB, 480x240px
>>18302665
wow, he really sucks at suicide, not very manly.. It sounds a lot like he lacks masculinity in his life. Not surprising when we look at todays schools, politics etc.. If you know of the red pill, show it to him. It just might save his life and make him happy again.
>>
>>18302640
Just offer to listen, without judgement.
If you can't do that then just offer to be there if needed and suggest some casual meeting when they get out.
>>
>>18302640
"Better luck next time; I bet you weren't expecting this" w/ shit-eating grin
>>
>>18302640
why are the sheeples behind barbed wire?
>>
>>18302640
Ht him with the observer effect immortality interpretation.

Which is that an observor can't see the timelines in which they've terminated themselves, and all they're doing is narrowing the selection of universes in which they're represented. And the universes where they are able to exercise their agency are the ones they succeed in eliminating.

You can paint it as them not being able to succeed, they're just digging themselves deeper into hell with ongoing suicides.

Or not, it isn't the preferred interpretation of QM effects. But it could hold him back from attempt #5.

Could just get him flowers and a card, tho.
>>
>>18302640
Subconsciously he's clinging on to life, I mean 4 times? He has something he believes in making life worth it.
Find that reason = prevent 5th attempt
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.