[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I call child services what are the chances they will recognize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: bruise.jpg (624KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
bruise.jpg
624KB, 1200x800px
If I call child services what are the chances they will recognize a problem and help the child? I am afraid that if they show up but don't pull the child from the home then the abuser will think the child called them and it will get worse.
>>
File: Judith_Barsi_Headstone_Grave.jpg (551KB, 1338x806px) Image search: [Google]
Judith_Barsi_Headstone_Grave.jpg
551KB, 1338x806px
>I'm deciding between "what if it gets worse" and "definitely getting worse."

Yeah, good luck with ignoring child abuse problems.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Barsi
>>
>>18301930
Well a cps worker will talk to you, the kid, the family and try to talk to a teacher of the kid.
>>
CPS unfortunately doesn't have the ability to do a lot, but a bruise or other mark given to them by a parent is a pretty clear cut sign of abuse. Most of the time CPS needs to build evidence against the parents to be able to do anything important unless there's something seriously bad, which means multiple reports about different incidents.

If you don't call, that's one less of those cases that could be documented and one less bruise they can photograph and guaranteed continued abuse. If you do call there's the chance they could do something or at least they can document it and have evidence for the next time an incident happens and you or someone else has to call.
>>
>>18301901
Whatever. The foster care system is full of abuse too. You better be damn sure it's worse than just a bruise or two. People get raped in foster care all the time, beaten, introduced to drugs, used as slave labor, kicked out of the system with no money and no future at 18 if they make it. You better be right if you think that's better than whatever the kid is going through right now.
>>
>>18302161
If both of the parents are seen as unfit they will are much more likely to go to grandparents or other immediate relatives who are fit, not foster care.
>>
>>18302172
You assume that those exist and are not dead and can be located. Like I wrote, you better be right. The law does not care which outcome would have been better. The law cares solely about following procedure.
>>
File: 472870_20170115140724_1.png (1MB, 1363x768px) Image search: [Google]
472870_20170115140724_1.png
1MB, 1363x768px
>>18301901
If it gets worse you can call them again
>>
>>18301901
Signs that make it pretty much ensured that the child will be removed from the parental environment:
>bruises, broken bones, cuts that can't be explained with child's play
>signs of sexual abuse
>the child asks to be removed
>unsanitary environment (needs to be really fucked up though, just untidiness is not enough)
>underweight (i.e. not being well fed)
>drugs

If you want to be absolutely sure, then hire a private detective to record the child abuse.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.