[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, normally I'm /v/ and /diy/ but I've got a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: LQ7faJF.jpg (166KB, 2401x1351px) Image search: [Google]
LQ7faJF.jpg
166KB, 2401x1351px
Hey guys, normally I'm /v/ and /diy/ but I've got a serious question. Pic unrelated.

I'm a 34-year-old dad of 2 kids, a 13 year old boy and a 7 year old girl.

Recently my son, whom I previously taught how to shave his face, started (without any mention, I just noticed it) shaving his legs. I asked him about it, and something I should maintain is that his mother and I have tried to be a very open-to-life household. I definitely can't say I didn't find it strange, but I wasn't going to demand he do something unimportant with his own body.

He told me that it's becoming fashionable among boys his age to shave their legs and underarms (he showed us his as well). Apparently "the girls prefer it" and "none of the guys even like being so hairy"

When I was growing up body hair was a sign that you were finally becoming a man, I guess I just find it odd that such a previously-mainline thought process has gone by the wayside?

I'm not gonna pressure my son into letting his hair grow. I'll support him shaving for as long as he wants. I just need some advice - is this something that is healthy for us to allow? Is this something common (We're in NoCal)? And, stereotypical as it may sound, could my son be using this as a channel for being gay or transgendered? (Again, i am from a totally different time it seems like, don't take my question as being malicious)

Thanks!
>>
File: IMG-20170422-WA0009.jpg (187KB, 1600x1068px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170422-WA0009.jpg
187KB, 1600x1068px
Hey anon, it could be a lot of different things.

Modern culture is garbage. Kids do all sorts of stupid shit because the media and their peers push it. I went through the "scene" phase in high school and I'm not gay, nor am I a virgin meet.

Also he totally might be gay or something but it's hard to say because fashion is odd and he's so young. You need more proof or whatever to make a final decision. He's probably just being a weird kid.
>>
>>18301947

This. Boys in my middle school proved their manliness by deepthroating hot dogs. Kids are fucking weird.
>>
Man here who shaves his legs. Originally I did it because of cycling. They say the reason cyclists shave their legs is to make crash wounds less painful, but really it's to fit in and be accepted among the group. So I would totally believe that your son is doing it for fashion reasons. Fashion is not logical and not practical. But it's not like young kids are expected to be super hairy so he'll look fine. Just let it pass.
>>
>>18301947

This all transpired about a week ago and since then I've seen him and his friends quite a bit. It's definitely a trend.

My wife, perpetually unable to keep anything to herself, asked one of the other boys moms about it. This boys mom, who we'll call Karen, says that both her sons (13, my son's friend, and his older brother 16) both shave. Apparently there's a half/half split in the high school between guys who do and guys who don't, but the whole phenomenon began in the HS and managed to drift into the Middle.
>>
>>18301898
He's probably messing around. Might help to let him use an electric trimmer so he can maintain a bit of masculine scruff. I think it's normal for track kids and/or swimmers (muh aero/hydrodynamics), so maybe the trend started there.
>>
>>18301898
Kids tend to copy other more popular kids without any further reasoning. No need to jump on the gay/transgender train unless he start talking about qt boys or how he sees himself as a girl in the wrong body.
>>
File: cyclists.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
cyclists.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>18302021
Cyclists are faggots though
>>
>>18301898
kids do stupid shit, let them do it, so that they dont make the same mistakes in adulthood.
>>
>>18302251
but the leg shaving really is just a fashion thing. no matter how it's justified, every serious cyclist does it because they won't be accepted by others as a serious cyclist unless they do. I think OPs son will turn out fine if he's just doing something to fit in.
>>
>>18301898
My friends call me out for not shaving my armpits. Im a not so hairy guy at university, I dont understand them desu
>>
>>18301898
Hello, I'm really hairy. I mean really, really hairy. It isn't so good as a kid to grow up like that. You want to fit in and most other kids don't have hair or shave it.

Also, he might be discovering sexuality and shaved legs are sexy. Or he might indeed be wondering how it feels like the feminine life.

Whatever it is, just be there for him. Enjoy these years to pass good moments. A father is a role model, so do things you both have fun at. If he turns out transgender, I understand your worries but there is little one can do. The best thing is that he has friends, goes out and really do all the things that a boy his age can do.
>>
i hated my bodyhair when puberty started
no im not gay
your son is perfectly normal

the sign of becoming a man is your shoulders get wider, arms stronger and the need to feel a wet pussy around your cock

let your kid mature as he like, if the chicks prefer it, which is possible, because teenage bodyhair is quite laughable then i dont see how that would make him gay

im 34 too, you are acting like you are 60years old
>>
>>18301898
>is this something that is healthy for us to allow?
yes of course. its a reversible change. its just like people arguing about guys having long hair (like girls)
>>
Kek my younger brother started doing the exact same thing a few years ago when he was around that age. I asked him about it and he said he felt uncomfortable now that he was growing hair and felt self conscious that we was too hairy. I reassured him that he was not too hairy and that his amount of hair was perfectly normal, masculine and attractive even. Now he just keeps his armpits trimmed.

I think it's just typical discomfort with puberty changes.
>>
Yeah honestly I'm straight as they come, and really hairy, I grow a beard in like a week. I've just never liked my excess body hair so I shave it most of the time, sometimes legs too. I'm also into body building so that's part of it. I wouldn't worry OP.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.