[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend is has stage 2 stomach cancer. I have kept trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

My girlfriend is has stage 2 stomach cancer. I have kept trying to get her to receive treatment for days, but she is fully convinced that "she is fine." When I ask why, she says its a gut feeling. How do I get her to schedule?
>>
>>18301871

>it's a gut feeling
>stomach cancer

i had a guilty chuckle
>>
>>18301871
Wut?

She has a gut feeling that her medicinally diagnosed stage 2 cancer will be fine if she leaves it alone? Does she understand what cancer it? Does she know what stage 2 means? Does she have the shitiest doctors on the planet who did not do anything to inform her?

Or is she just still shell shocked?
>>
>>18301887
That's what I'm saying. It makes zero sense for her to think this shit. Shr also mentioned about treatment being scary?
>>
>>18301900

My aunt had breast cancer, although it was in a very early stage. If she's doing chemo it'll be sucky but it shouldn't be scary. Depending on your hospital she'll come in every few weeks and get chemo done through an IV. It shouldn't be painful (if it is then the needle isn't int he right place) but it'll be uncomfortable. She'll have to sit there for a few hours until her chemo is all done. You might be able to keep her company (that's what my aunt's hospital did, had one visitor for support for the patient).

Talk to her about how she really feels - why is she afraid? Most of the time patients don't understand or weren't given clear information about what's going on with their body or the reasons for treatment. Maybe talk to her about going to a support group together. Most of all be supportive and calm, do things at a moderate pace and try not to overwhelm her.

I'd look up studies about cancer and cancer treatments, then have her look at the info with you, assuming she's not some hippie or alternative medicine.
>>
ebin b8
>>
Just tell her she will 100% die if she doesn't treat it
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.