[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/. I'm in a bit of a pickle. I'm in a long-distance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv/. I'm in a bit of a pickle.

I'm in a long-distance relationship with this girl. We live about $400 flight, 13-hour drive apart. I can't afford to go see her, and she is graduating this weekend. She's told her whole family that I'm coming.... And I just cannot afford to make it.

I don't know what the best way to tell her is. Nor do I think us being in a "relationship" is good for her....

What do I tell her? Should I break up with her? If so how?

I really do not want her to be depressed/suicidal....
>>
>Nor do I think us being in a "relationship" is good for her....
She's an adult. Don't parent her. Either you don't want to be in a relationship, or you do. Do what you feel is right, and if or when she feels it's right to break up, she will break up. Don't try to frame your doubts as looking out for her because absolutely everyone herself included will see right through that.

>I'm in a long-distance relationship with this girl. We live about $400 flight, 13-hour drive apart. I can't afford to go see her, and she is graduating this weekend. She's told her whole family that I'm coming.... And I just cannot afford to make it.
Why was she under the impression you were coming? Did you tell her you were? Why haven't you told her the truth before her family was told? Or shortly after, when you found out? It's your duty to clear up any misconceptions and to do so immediately. Be direct.

>I really do not want her to be depressed/suicidal.
Then stop lying to her and leading her on. If you're going to go, go, if you're not, don't let her think you are. If you don't want to be in the relationship, leave. But you need to be honest with her.
>>
>>18301722
You have to ask yourself how valuable this relationship is to you. Without that info I can't say much how you should go with it. If you both are in high school, I think it's not worth it. Because there are so many opportunities out there waiting for you. You don't want to tied yourself up in this expensive long distance. You needed the money to get higher education and in return you will get much more.
Just tell her what it is. Yes she will be disappointed and her family will understand and be there for her.
Sometimes I rather experience disappointment early in life so I learn not to get my hopes up all the time.
>>
>>18301731
I don't know why she told everyone that I would be going. It was never mentioned.

>>18301739
I don't know what value it brings me other than it's kept her stable. I never wanted her to do anything to harm herself, but I guess I fucked that up. I was roped into "dating" her, but of course, she can never know that.

She's graduating college and I still have years left before I do.
>>
>>18301722
Sounds like you're 'dating' a shitty person. Tell her you're not coming and that she got hyped over nothing all by herself.
>>
I'll send you the money big dog.
>>
show her this thread
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.