[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I use slide transitions/animations on PowerPoint presentations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1344124960762.jpg (82KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1344124960762.jpg
82KB, 640x480px
Should I use slide transitions/animations on PowerPoint presentations?

I usually keep it simple, using only Fade, but I was told that any animations can be distracting. Should I include them? Do they make presentations seem more professional?
>>
>>18301693
Absolutely not. Keep it simple, keep it clean.
>>
>>18301693
there are simple and subtle animations. they're adjustable as well. the purpose of an animation, in a professional setting, should just be to remove that sort of pop-in effect.

pop-in is fine too, I guess, but maybe a very short fade-in would help. where the hell do you work that they still use powerpoints? anyway...
>>
>>18301693
do the one when the slide bounces in
>>
Simple, clean, and professional is always best.
>>
>>18301693
>Powerpoint
>animations
Don't do this. It makes your powerpoint look unprofessional and childish.
>>
>>18301769
*slide fades in*

"YOU'RE FIRED"

hahaha extremists of every kind these days
>>
>>18301769
This, it's the comic sans of powerpoint
>>
>>18301693
Don't overdo them and use them for showing progressions. Don't give everything an animation, but consider it a useful tool when used correctly.
>>
>>18301835
>use them for showing progressions
That's using appear and play media only. Sounds like he's been using the gay shit too.
>>
>>18301693
Depends on the audience, subject, and tone you're going for.

I had a professor who would take off points for using 'too many colors' in presentations, because it was distracting and unprofessional.

And now I work at a place where our CEO loads up the slides with as many animated gifs and sound effects as he can.

The big trouble with transitions is time and focus. If you're spending thirty seconds on each slide, you don't want to tag on 3-5 seconds for something fancy.
If you want to get real psychological, it's also becomes an item of repetition. Repetition can induce a sense of slowness, or dragging-on, like monotonous beeping. Too many effects and it's chaotic and distracting.

>tl;dr
Consider your audience and the purpose of the information transfer.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.