[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 21 years old, I live in the US, and my life is going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1693.jpg (198KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1693.jpg
198KB, 960x960px
I'm 21 years old, I live in the US, and my life is going nowhere.

I mostly made bad decisions in high school; making mostly stupid friends and I never realized how stupid I was being until it was too late.

But I look at all the other people I used to know, and their lives are so much more fulfilling and successful than mine.

In college, I actually did try and do better for myself, which worked to some degree, I mean, I had a 3.7 gpa, which isn't terrible. But then I had to drop out because I made a mistake on my financial aid, which led to them not giving me any financial aid.

I was also depressed, but thankfully my psychiatrist gave me pills to help with the depression and psychosis, which helped a lot, and the psychosis hasn't remanifested itself.

Anyway, now I'm in a dead end job, so I was thinking I'd join the military and be an MP because I want to do police work, and maybe be part of CID at some point. Would a history of depression disqualify me though?

I'd also like to join for discipline, which I need. The sense of purpose is also an attractive aspect to me.
>>
Anybody?
>>
raffing my asg off anon. join the military buddy.
>>
>>18300836
Any other insights?
>>
Can anyone answer my question? Or provide any insight?
>>
>>18300718
I'm also interested in answers for these questions.
>>
I feel like you're trying way too hard to live a fulfilling life.

It feels like you're hurtling towards disappointment as you build the lives of others around you into pristine existences.

I'd say quit it, but I'm 20, and I've been a NEET since leaving high-school where I had 2 friends, so you're likely more experienced than I am.

There might be something wrong with you because you suffer from depression.
>>
you need to go on a success kick and find your own sense of purpose.

sense of purpose comes from within. success comes from trying.

this is probably counter-intuitive to how you feel, but it's the truth.
>>
>>18300718
>>18301042
20 year old ignorant man here

I look at what you've written again, and I can't shake the feeling that you're looking for something that doesn't exist, and the deeper human connection is right there in your face, but you don't acknowledge it.

There's so much value in conversing with other people and seeing their perspectives.

I might just need less to feel good about my own life, but I feel like you're ultimately going to hurt yourself by expecting your life to be an incredible experience.

A part of me doesn't see what's bad about a dead-end job, but I, personally, don't get any fulfillment from any form of labor.

You probably shouldn't listen to me as it seems you've got different cognitive functions than me.
>>
>>18301060
why are you putting yourself down so much
>>
>>18301144
I've been called totally delusional/ignorant on this board, etc, so I might be.

I didn't really live a conventional adolescence, so there's a severe limitation to what I know about other human beings in general.

I've experienced that in order to truly understand something you must feel it first.

There's a lot of feeling that I haven't done, so I am, therefore, ignorant as to life in general.
>>
>>18301168
well you're just a kid yet, and the adults on this board are very ignorant themselves

don't mistake this for a place of wisdom. it's just a general, anonymous board - that's the only redeeming part about it
>>
>>18301060
Your advice is solid, only pursue things in life because you genuinely want them, not out of some perceived social expectation to do so. Don't stress over what you think you ought to be doing and just do what makes YOU happy.
>>
>>18301042
>>18301045
>>18301060
>>18301188
OP Here

My depression comes from circumstance mostly. Lower middle class drama, nobody wanted me, (my dad literally didn't want my mom to have me when she was pregnant), yadda yadda, I could go on.

To be honest, I don't really wanna join the military aside from the discipline. I really and truly need help not making a routine, but sticking to it with consistency. And I don't know anywhere else I could get help with that.

Anyhow, another line of thought is, if I get killed out there, that's fine. I'll obviously try my hardest to avoid death and injury, but I've accepted that I could die.
>>
>>18301208
There are other ways to develop and grow discipline.

I learned it by being forced to work and maintain a job installing cabinets.

It was so much work that it used to make me want to cry when I looked at the start of a 10 hour day.

There's a better path to the engendering of discipline than military service. Stocking for Wal-mart will probably give you the same affect. They're excessively cruel when they're mis-managed.

You can easily force yourself to work harder at your current job, and you'll have to maintain that work ethic, or you'll be out of the door.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.