[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dream house for sale >quiet, dead end street with a huge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled-1.png (553KB, 669x432px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
553KB, 669x432px
>dream house for sale
>quiet, dead end street with a huge river that goes behind all the houses on the street
>$150k, about $1.1k monthly
>with my college loans + other expenses, probably pay about $1.6 monthly
>leave me with $400 for groceries/other expenses

Should I do it? The house and the river behind it are so damn beautiful. I've got a TV, sound system, computer, I don't need anything else...if poor people can live $200 a month for food, I should be able to get by with $400 a month right? Pic related, this would be my backyard
>>
>>18300561
For how long are you going to pay?
>>
>>18300568
Also, how much are you spending on groceries/extra?
>>
>>18300561
How much do you typically pay for gas?
>>
>>18300561
Fuck it, do it, What's the worst that could happen? Is not like you could lose your job and not be able to pay it anymore so the bank would have take it and you end up on the streets homeless.
>>
>>18300561

Do you have any savings? You could probably make it by with $400, but problems will surface if you run into an expensive emergency of some kind somewhere down the line, unless you have some funds saved up.
>>
That will be tight financially. Bear in mind you may have to pay for repairs on the house which could be costly.

Perhaps you could rent out a spare room for a few hundred a month, at least until you're in a better financial situation?
>>
>>18300561
No, you don't make enough.

1.1k monthly seems absurdly high as well.
>>
File: anger.jpg (20KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
anger.jpg
20KB, 1366x768px
>>18300561
Sorry, but at 24k a year, you don't earn enough to qualify for a mortgage for a $150k a year home. The days of predatory lending went out with the Recession.

You might want to come to terms with the fact that, at 24k, you ARE one of the poor. Save up for a nice mobile home with a view of some fat woman's compost pile. That's more your speed.
>>
>>18300561
This is a shit idea for all the reasons people are saying.

You'll incur unexpected expenses. That's just how life goes. Also, you really should be saving or investing a certain % of your income, even as a young adult.

Also, please note: poor people can get by on $200 / mo for food and so on because they mostly eat TRASH. Yeah, yeah, it is possible to at healthily on even less than that, but you have to spend more time shopping for ingredients and make a lot more of your food from scratch (or resign yourself to eating the same three meals over and over and over). Realistically you'll end up eating garbage that's bad for you like everyone else with money problems.

Don't be an idiot. You should not be dumping $1000 into a mortgage every month when you already have student loan payments to worry about. There will be other dream houses, dude.
>>
And if you're wondering "what unexpected expenses will I incur?" understand that when you live in a house sometimes SHIT IS GOING TO BREAK and fixing it will be expensive. At some point the wiring is going to go, or there'll be a gas leak, or the roof will get its shit fucked, or you'll get flooded, you get the idea, and you're not going to have any cash reserve to deal with it.

That's not even getting into medical expenses that can suddenly crop up. I'm being extremely generous and assuming you have truly excellent health insurance, which ... you fucking don't.
>>
>>18300561
MAKE SURE IT IS NOT AT RISK OF BEING FLOODED OR ELSE YOU'RE FUCKED

That's all
>>
>>18300561
i would like to tell you to go for it, but you really dont have the cash flow to maintain it without taking another job, some kind of side work or hustle.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.