[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i think i might have started to nag my fiance... how tf do i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3516.jpg (61KB, 460x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3516.jpg
61KB, 460x640px
i think i might have started to nag my fiance... how tf do i stop it?
i feel like i'm slowly turning into a condescending asshole. i often tell him to do things differently than he does. in the moment, it makes perfect sense to me to tell him, but in hindsight i feel like i'm not his mom and that i'm going too far.

for example: he works a very dangerous job and sleeps way too little. it often happens that they have accidents due to people not being concentrated or making fatal mistakes. some pf those accidents end lethal. mostly it's really unnecessary shit like ripped off fingers or testicles.
the last few days he has spent a lot of the time he would have to sleep playing vidya (yesterday he only slept 4h) and i told him pretty clearly that i want him to stop that. i told him i don't want him to go to work tired and be the next one who's body gets crushed to pulp. he always brushes it off, but i was pretty mean and asked him if playing vidya is really worth never getting to know his child (i'm pregnant... ).
am i overreacting? after all, it's his life... but i feel like now that we are a family soon, he has to be more responsible and not risk his life because he doesn't feel like sleeping right now.

right after we had that talk, he went to work and didn't come home on time. his phone was off and i was already very concerned. turns out they had a horrible accident again (i don't know what happened, he was too tired to explain and went straight to bed).

there's other stuff like me telling him that he's an adult and that he should learn to do his taxes without his mom. or that he can't keep throwing his dirty socks on the floor since they belong in the laundry bin...

i can't tell anymore if this is reasonable or if i'm overdoing it. pls give me a reality check, adv...
>>
>>18299931
Sound like a lot of hormones. You two have a lot going on and he has a lot to think about. If you can, try going to counseling together. Its natural for pregnant girls to be tempted to shit test their partners. You just need to learn to motivate him in healthy ways. Counseling can do that.
>>
>>18299931
>I f playing vidya is really worth never getting to know his child (i'm pregnant... ).
>I'm pregnant
/thread. No but really just try to recognise when you start this behaviour, it doesn't seem too bad as you're just trying to look out for him but the reason you feel so emotional about it during and after (when you make the post) is what your hormones do to you. Also you shouldn't doubt yourself when you have good reason to be concerned, nobody wants their or their spouses testicles offed.
>>
>>18299983
>>18299994
yeah, i'm aware that being pregnant is probably the reason. but i am alao not sure if you can say that it's all hormones and overreacting. for example, i want him to take care of hinself ao that my kid doesn't have to gros up without his dad. i want him to pick up after himself so he's a good rolemodel for the kid and so i don't have unnecessary additional chores to do. i'll have enough work with the baby, soon...
i want him to not depend on his mom for stuff like his taxes because one day we will have to teach our child and he can't let mommy fix everything for him forever.

i know i'm demanding... but i only ask this shit because i feel like it would create unnecessary issues in the future.

maybe counceling is the answer. i'll talk to him about it.

thanks anon!
>>
Honestly, man, you're not that out of line in re: his sleeping habits. He SHOULDN'T be shorting himself on sleep for any reason if he works at a dangerous job that requires a lot of concentration. Much less for a frivolous reason like that.

Nagging him about his taxes or his dirty laundry, eh, obviously you're right about that stuff too, but nagging him isn't the best way to get him to change his behavior, and you might have to be willing to compromise a little. Sometimes, even though it might seem "unfair," the best solution is just for each person to take care of the things that bother them.

Example: I care about health and diet way more than my fiancee, who I catch all the time eating insane store-bought junk that'll destroy her health. I'm talking like, hot pockets and Doritos and pop tarts and shit. On the other hand, like your fiance, I'm a messy POS. We could constantly nag each other about our bad habits, but it turns out it's much less stressful for ME to take care of buying all the food and cooking, and for HER to take care of most of the cleaning. At first it burned me that I had to take on extra work to keep my fiancee, a grown-ass woman, from destroying her health with crap food, but I'm sure it bugs her to have to clean up MY messes. Ultimately I think we both learned to suck it up and we're both happier for it.

I'm not saying you have to compromise on everything like that, but on some things, yeah.

But as for shorting himself on sleep and playing fast and loose with his physical safety ... you're in the right, end of story. He needs to cut that shit out. I'd have probably lost my temper too.

Sorry for writing so much, I'm kind of scattered today, but I hope some of this helped.
>>
>>18299931

simple. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

no seriously, take some time to think about what is wrong and what could help. You are clearly just barging in and screaming your opinion onto him. That's probably the hormones talking but in general just sit the fuck down and come up with actual arguments and reasoning and try to actually help instead of tell.

The more finger point-y you behave the less progress you make so try sitting down and having a sincere well thought out discussion and not lose your shit and start throwing your opinions in his face one sentence in.
>>
He stays away to not hear you nag. When's the last time you sucked his dick. Don't let the mistress have all the nut juice
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.