[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So last night, someone jumped from the 7th floor in my dorm.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Snapchat-1801443304.jpg (207KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1801443304.jpg
207KB, 720x1280px
So last night, someone jumped from the 7th floor in my dorm. Never knew her, don't know her face, don't know anything about her. I was the only student around so they had me be a witness when they searched her room for a note. The whole time i felt detached, maybe in shock.

There was no sign on the pavement that she had jumped. Within 30 mins they had cleaned everything up and people were walking through the area completely oblivious.

I don't know why I feel sad. Do I feel sad because society tells us to mourn a suicide? Do I feel sad because they've hidden all signs of her death? There's no tape on the ground, no flowers, no announcement. Is it even right that I want her to be remembered? For what? She doesn't gain anything, her family doesn't either. Even if I want to say 'people can learn from her case', there's no one to tell her story. This isnt 13 reasons why, with everything portrayed in meticulous details. There's just questions and no answers.
>>
File: 1474240147418.jpg (13KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1474240147418.jpg
13KB, 267x200px
>>18299837
its how life is and it sounds like you have a subconscious revelation about how little our lives actually matter. It has led countless people to commit suicide themselves, because what is the point? That's why media etc. don't talk or write about it, it would just lead to more suicides. The state/society loses resources when people suicide, they gain much more from people not realizing the horrid truths about life and the world.
>>
I wonder if Neolithic people ever an hero
>>
I'm just frustrated that theres no change in the way things are done. There's no support groups or anything being set up to help those vulnerable to suicide. The world continues and there's gonna be more kids like her that die for nothing.
>>
>>18299837
Unfortunately, when you get twenty thousand or so 18-21 year olds in one place and put them under pressure, there are going to be suicides. Just about every university in the world has them at an average of one or more a year.

Your school should offer counselling for you and any other students emotionally moved by this event. Ask your dorm advisor or health service. Just talking to someone, the way you wrote here, will help.
>>
>>18299975
There are plenty of depression, bipolar, ptsd, etc support groups what are you talking about?
>>
>>18299837
OP, talk to a counsellor about it. Seeing someone kill themselve is pretty traumatic situation. Everyone reacts differently, to some it doesnt register at all, some it is overpowering emotion. I would just speak to a professional about it - hop on one of the freecall phone lines if you have them (mabye even suicide lines - they will probably be able to help you process it).
>>
File: kennedy-and-heidi-03-1024[1].jpg (203KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
kennedy-and-heidi-03-1024[1].jpg
203KB, 1024x576px
About 15 years ago some girl jumped off the balcony, she lived above my granma. I've been living in this apartment for 10 years now, and even though I didn't witness the aftermath, I occasionally wonder about her.

Talk to a psychiatrist. You need to process this thing now while it's fresh, otherwise it will haunt you.
>>
>>18300039

im an exchange student in Taiwan. Maybe im not seeing it because its in Chinese or something but im not seeing any level of support groups. The dorm/university management have not offered any counselling to the people on her floor or her friends.
>>
>>18300450
Ahhh my bad man. In america, these groups are fairly common. Anyways if your familiar at all with bhuddism its possible that you saw her, saw yourself inside of her, and experienced some of her suffering because of it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.