[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 19 and dunno if college is right for me. What are the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: C1_OruhXAAIhccN.jpg (99KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
C1_OruhXAAIhccN.jpg
99KB, 720x720px
I'm 19 and dunno if college is right for me.

What are the benefits of entering a trade compared to getting a degree?
>>
Trade school teaches you to do one thing only. One job, one area of expertise. A lot of it involves physical labor, so if you ever get injured and can't do that anymore, SOL.

College gives you way more opportunities, and your degree might not need to be job specific. It proves that you can get a variety of shit done and work under pressure.

Source: I went to trade school, got too sick to work, and now live on disability while trying to pay off my debt and wishing I had gone to fucking college.
>>
Pros
>cheaper
>more job security (at least for the time being)
>potentially a good salary

Cons
>your earnings will be shit at the start
>more and more people are entering trades, who knows what the job security will be like in a few years
>skills are less transferable
>might not be something you're interested in
>there will likely be some level of studying you're expected to do
>>
>>18299707
>so if you ever get injured and can't do that anymore, SOL.
There are often lots of occupational hazards, depending on which trade it is.
>>
Help /adv/ I got a similar issue. I just moved here from another country. I'm deciding between going to college for an associate or university directly for bachelor.

It's hard for me getting to university, it's far, expensive, more time consuming but I will save 2 years.
If I go to college, I will be able to work too at the same time and get more money, save up for the future university and general life.

Still I feel like shit for not going directly to the university, I got the best grades from my class and most of my friends are going to university on my past country. Maybe I could get a scholarship but have no idea how. I don't think I can even get to university after getting a 21 on my exam.

Shit maybe it would have been better to stay there, I was already setup for a pretty good technologic university there in engineering.
>>
You can also look into jobs that you can get a certificate in. I'm a certified makeup artist and I'm certified in stained glass making; I make a decent amount of money in each field, it's all freelance though. (Though you can probably just become self taught in a lot of these fields, but a certificate looks good).
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.