[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

has anyone ever gone from living by themselves to willingly moving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1471312669639.jpg (62KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
1471312669639.jpg
62KB, 500x469px
has anyone ever gone from living by themselves to willingly moving into an apartment to live with others?

I moved to a new city and have lived in a 1 bedroom for myself for about 2 years now and I have had troubles making friends. I'm also really fucking lonely.

Positives:

less rent
more chances to be social and meet grills

negatives:

possible crazy roommates
not having my own space

I think I'm gonna do it
>>
>>18299549
The most positive thing about renting a room compared to renting an apartment is the money you save.

>possible crazy roommates
I live in central jersey. 2/3 roommates were crazy enough that it warranted police intervention - one stole $200 from me, and the other was psychotic and threatened my life.

in the remaining 1/3, they will be quirky but able to keep you company.

I'm not sure why you'd want to take that risk, but at least be informed.

Your new roommates aren't necessarily going to be your life pals. College kids live in the sky, are more social, and less likely to be criminally insane, so maybe rent with college kids.

What would be best is making your own friends. You can even share an apartment with a poor friend, and that would maybe be a bonding experience, if the person is quality.
>>
>>18299555
>What would be best is making your own friends

I have tried, it's just not happening. Maybe it's me, but I pretty much only have acquaintances. I had a much easier time making friends in college when I had roomates to live with and go do stuff with, and I want to try and replicate that
>>
>>18299567
the only way I know how to make good friends is to have a common struggle and/or join a common cause.
>>
>>18299567
>>18299586
>college
maybe try to recreate this kind of environment. it's not like everyone in college goes on to grey office jobs. some graduates are still very much alive and out there.
>>
File: 1490773227735.jpg (47KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1490773227735.jpg
47KB, 657x527px
>>18299549
Are you going to make an ad?
>>
You should definitely do it OP, sounds like you have issues making friends and this will provide a great way to do so. And not just iffy friends, but good solid life friends.
>>
If it goes wrong it will be really bad.
i had nothing but, crazy or shit people for roommates. don't do it.
>>
You should note that because most people aren't insane but rather OK than you're mozt likely to end up with at-least decent roomates. When you rent where I live in, you get to see the roomates before you close the deal and it gives you a good idea whether or not they're reasonable and nice.
>>
>>18299642
>>18299632
talking out their asses

>>18299640
>>18299555
talking from experience
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.