[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>girl on fb has public posts >can see the public posts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: gantz-sae-in-not-so-many-words.jpg (99KB, 717x384px) Image search: [Google]
gantz-sae-in-not-so-many-words.jpg
99KB, 717x384px
>girl on fb has public posts
>can see the public posts on fb
>similar interests, seems like a really dope person to talk to

I don't want to come off as a creep or something, but I just think she'd be really cool to talk to or have a conversation with.

What do?
>>
Do you know her irl or only from oldpeoplebook?
If her posts are public you could always start by commenting them, see if she replies back.
>>
>>18299548
I've met her once, and it was the definition of brief.
I literally think I waved and said hi, and then started to see her posts as of last month.
>>
Unless you're her friend, any message you sent her will go to the 'other' folder and she won't get a notification about it. If you plan to talk to her, send her a friend request first.
>>
File: 1491733541492.jpg (47KB, 526x504px) Image search: [Google]
1491733541492.jpg
47KB, 526x504px
>>18299523
I thought that was the intent of fb. Can't you just message her and say that?
>>
>>18299607
As in just message her out of the blue to spark a conversation?
I've thought about it, but at the same time I don't want to come off heavy or anything y'know.
>>
>>18299548
>further incognito facebook creeping
What is the actual etiquette on this?

For myself, I'd tackle the elephant in the room.
I'd send a PM that goes-
"Hey [first name], I'm [you] and I know you through [so-and-so's mutual friends or whatever]
I was creeping around facebook and some of your posts caught my eye- I think you seem like a cool person, so if you see me commenting on your stuff that's why: because I'm facebook creeping on you.
Cya around, and drop me a line whenever! (pls T.T)"

Something frank/upfront & a little humorous, and which I'd be ok with her friends reading.
Would that be a fuck-up?
>>
>>18299639
Okay see because that's what I'm worried about. That liking or commenting on her stuff may come off as odd, she's mutuals with four of my friends.

Like straight up make it a joke? haha. I guess thats an interesting way of putting it.
I'm just worried that any interaction online first off can be odd unless its through tinder etc.

OP~
>>
>>18299639
Wouldn't use the word creepy, even for fun.

Send a friend request and ask if she wants to meet up. If she's not up for that just chat with her online until she softens up.
>>
>>18299646
But if you don't use the word it gains more power.

Hrm, so despite being part of the lexicon, "facebook creeping" is still taboo enough to have a stigma just from acknowledging it?
>>
>>18299652
Not that anon, but instead of using to word to take away it's power, what you're doing is IMPLANTING the word before she ever had a chance to even think about it, guiding her in to making it an association.

This is then further reinforced by the fact that you keep using the word, and then finish it throw in a sad sack/creep T.T face and beg her to respond.

One of these things once.... MAAAAAybe, depending on usage it might humorous. But it would have to be incredibly obvious that you were joking ( like a ;p teasing face at least or some shit) and even then maybe it would still be awkward as fuck and only something you could pull off in person where people can actually hear the tone of your voice and your body language.

But all THREE of these at once?
Hell. Fucking. No.

>>18299523
Not that hard. Hey, I saw one of your posts in my feed. I liked that you mentioned <whatever the fuck> feel like a chat?" Or whatever the fuck. Don't make this shit so complicated
>>
I did this with an acquaintance. Never even met her in person but I followed get posts for a while.
I would comment on pictures as status updates and eventually sent her a request.
She accepted and she's actually a pretty cool chick. Maybe I lucked out, but it wouldn't hurt to send her a request, OP. Especially since you've actually met your chick.
>>
>>18299756

Thank you, I'll keep doing that. I'm not sure when this response was or if you'll even see it but could you tell me about how your first conversation went ot if you're friends in person too?
>>
File: 1471913946444.jpg (9KB, 192x255px) Image search: [Google]
1471913946444.jpg
9KB, 192x255px
>>18299639
Bahahahahahhaahahahahhahahahahhaa
If she is a normie and you send her this the only thing you'll get is being featured in her next public post: it's just gonna be a screenshot of your message with the caption "lmao wtf is wrong with this desperate creep?"

If you do something like that OP be sure that it's the equivalent of an hero on the spot
>>
How would you initiate the chat though? Im having a similar problem but Im already friends on fb.
>>
>talk to
>have a conversation with

yeah no, you want to stick your dick inside her. and she knows that, that's why it is creepy to message her out of the blue. mainly because you don't know her at all and just judge her based on her pics. that's shallow and cringey.
>>
>>18299957
Op here are you talking about me?
>>
>>18299841
Op here, not gonna do that for sure man.
>>
>>18300250

Yes, he is and I agree. Everyone knows that Facebook and social media isn't the real "them" - at best it's a shallow and incomplete view and at worst it's completely fake. That's why if you're trying to get with someone based on their facebook posts they know that it's just because you like the facade. If you're decently familiar with them IRL then that's a different story.
>>
Pay for some pussy on Backpage first
>>
>>18300297
I'm not talking about just pictures of herself my dudes, she shares things that I'd share. So I'm saying we have things mutually interest.

Yeah it may not be the real 'them', but it doesn't mean I want to straight up have sex with her dude, thats whack.
>>
File: tumblr_op0ojp7EbJ1qk0vz9o1_500.jpg (79KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_op0ojp7EbJ1qk0vz9o1_500.jpg
79KB, 500x490px
I had the exact same issue. The only contact I had with her was that we went to the same highschool, but never share a word with her.
What I did? When she was waiting for the bus alone, I walked towards her and explain de situation as sincerelly aas I could. Okay, I was so nervous that I could puke at any moment, and she realized, it was more than obvious. But females are humans after all, and after the pathetic introduction, she just continued the conversation with the classic 'Well, so what do you do now?'. After that it was all easy and comfy since we had the same interests, so there wasn't any awkward silence at any time.

In conclusion, you can find a good opportunity and tell her the truth. Chances are she will see you kinda desperate, so forget about anything romantic with her, but you sure will have a nice convo.
>>
>>18301337
op here.

Turns out she might be at a party I'm going to soon, so I might just play it cool for now and not get too anxious.
>>
>>18299523
"Hi, I'm [x]. We met on _____ . Remember me?

Say, I just noticed from your posts you like a lot of _______ . I dig that too. I know/have a lot of _____________ .

Would you happen to know a lot about __________ ?"
>>
>>18301337
What this guy said. Though, I want to add:

Just be sincere. I can't stress this enough. Don't attempt to manipulate, they'll be able to see through it and they'll think you're insulting their intelligence.

And be prepared if she says no. You'll be down for a while but but you'll save your dignity. She just didn't see your good points, or you may have had to work more on yourself. Believe me, nothing worse than being turned down, you lashing out, and you hurt her. You won't just be a reject, you'll be a jerk.
>>
>>18301415
Just approach her like youve known her for ages, and talk to her like such, about how much you can relate to the stuff she posts and everything. Maybe if she asks how you found her just say that you saw her At the party and just tried and made a shot in the dark suppposing it was her or something
>>
>>18299841
Thisss
>>
>>18302121
Yeah it's at a dinner, so I'll talk to her there and just play it safe.
I'm nervous but I think I'm prepared for the worst, and face to face will be less weird then a mesaage out of the blue yknow?

~OP
>>
>>18302057
Yeah I get you man, I think I'm going to be myself. If we have a lot in common the conversation should be steady yknow? I'll play it safe though. Wish this thread could be up until then, but I'll probably post up another thread here after the party.

~OP
>>
>>18302544
Yeah it definetly Will be less ackward, that i can tell you right now.

So anyway, if this thread doesnt live up to the habbeningg, good luck then pal!
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.