[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I start a conversation with my doc about getting an Adderall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: SHR03911.jpg (29KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
SHR03911.jpg
29KB, 288x216px
How do I start a conversation with my doc about getting an Adderall script, i've tried it before and it make me feel mentally balanced in terms of being able to focus on reading something and learning. I also have depression. What exactly to start saying to not make it seem like drug seeking behavior?
>>
How old are you
Are you enrolled in school
What are you grades like

im a uh..professional drug seeker, lmfao.
>>
If you ask for it they will not give it to you.

Not because it's not the medication you need but because doctors are egotistical fucktards that unless they thought of it, it means it's a bad idea.

It doesn't matter how much the medication improves your life or eases some of the symptoms... they won't listen.

I super fucking hate doctors so much.
>>
>>18299120
25, I stopped going like 4 years ago when my GPA dropped below 2.0, first my grades were good then I lost interest n started failing.
>>
>>18299122
Yup my thought exactly plus I tend to get this anxiety like I'm retarded or something, I even get nervous buying smokes at the store considering I'm over 25 already
>>
>>18299108
Asked my physician to write me a referral to a psychiatrist after I told her that I have difficulty concentrating in class. She asked me things like how's my diet and so I sleep ok. You lie and say everything is normal but you still have difficulty. Then went to the psychiatrist and said same thing, told him I was referred to him by physician. He gave me a quick test about different scenarios and how you feel in them (pretty easy to lie through). Results confirmed the ADHD diagnosis and he wrote me a script
>>
>>18299108
I'm on 30mg a day and loved it. It absolutely increases depression, I would sort that out or lie to your doctor. Say you believe you have found the root of your depression. Failure brought o. By attention deficit disorder and my unmanaged lifestyle is out of my control and immensely hurting me. I was depressed when I started when I was about 15 I'm 20 now and very glad I took it. It made depression worse in the short term but made me very productive which lead to greater happiness
>>
>>18299185
So pretty much I gotta jump thru some hoops and get a psychiatrist reff. Thanks
>>
>>18299188
So do I not mention depression to the Dr?
>>
>>18299108
Amphetamines will fuck you up long-term. If you're going to use them, you should have a structured plan for behavioral modification. As desperately as people want a magic focus pill that fixes all their problems forever, that doesn't exist.
>>
>>18299307
I see why you would think that but I guess I should tell u more about myself I'm 25 already balding, depressed cuz of it, still living with my parents, they are getting old, I'm unemployed, lost my job few months ago, I have no motivation or mental energy to progress. I've tried Adderall before and it worked for me, I know it won't fix any problems but it will aide me to make some progress with my life than I ever will in current state
>>
>>18299418
It will probably make it better until youre addicted and cant even function without it with really bad side effects like anxiety and increased depression in the long run. You can go to any psychiatrist that accepts your insurance and straight up ask. Say you cant focus if theyre indian youll walk out wth them and more.
>>
>>18299418
Ha I get a prescription and I'm in the same fuckin boat buddy

Just do pot to keep yourself happy and work

I wish I never WAS prescribed this so far. It might work out good. I doubt it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.