[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Don't intend to have children >20 years old, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1450548757784.jpg (255KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
1450548757784.jpg
255KB, 500x498px
>Don't intend to have children
>20 years old, but the desire is there
>Don't see a reason to bring life into this world where escapism reigns supreme
>Gearing my life to make 13$-16$ an hour for its entirety
>Don't intend to move out of my parents house, and I'm just going to take care of my mom and dad until they're gone
>Might be a smart man
>Likely going to be sieved out by evolution

I've never had a girlfriend before, but I can't help but see that as something that makes this easier.

I've come to really accept the world for what it is. When I lay down in my bed, I can't get the idea out of my head that consciousness is the ultimate gift, but then I remember the true state of the world I live in.

I can only think such a thing because I currently stay in my house 24/7. I was happier before I went into the outside world.

It's hard to live in this reality as an atheist.
I can't turn my head from the inconvenient truth I see all around me.

People proclaim anti-natalist views are immature views, but I can't see life any other way as I don't believe in a god. There is nothing after death, and this life turns into suffering once you hit adulthood. Some people are mentally inclined to be successful and fulfilled from working in this world, but others, like myself, aren't.

I can't get over the fact that 75% of the American populace hate their jobs.
>>
Political conservatism has poisoned you
>>
>>18295579
I don't understand what you mean by this.
I don't care about politics, and I don't really see the world in terms of left and right (as most people don't)
>>
You need to get a girlfriend and try obtaining something in this world.
>>
>>18295564
Coming from a 30 year old who still lives with hist parents, I'd severely disagree with the decision to stay at home.

I'd recommend moving out as soon as you can. Doesn't matter if you have to eat noodles only once a day and live in a shitty apartment, it builds your independence up a lot, and that is a lot more valuable than money (money is easier earned if you learn to discipline and look after yourself).

I don't think any belief is hard to live with, unless you keep ramming it down others throats, or are sensitive to people with different beliefs.

Can't really advise much on children, except I wouldn't really bother thinking about it - decide this when you get a girlfriend, since it's a decision made by 2 People, not 1.

Never think you are smart, always keep learning. The majority of people don't bother to learn anything once they get out of school, and this is a massive mistake.

Even Socrates said he knew nothing - if the wisest man in history said this, then what do we know?
>>
>>18295686
>>18295564
No he doesn't.

>>18295564
You're being a pretentious child, grow the fuck up.

and no i dont mean you need kids i mean you need to stop posting stuff like this and making me cringe or thinking anyone could ever give a shit about this shit you've thought up in between dick strokes
>>
>>18295698
I don't know what it means to grow up though.
Is it acceptance, or is it more than that?
>>
>>18295698
Can you help explain what the biggest problems are with my thought process?

You have the biggest issues with it, but you aren't telling me enough.
>>
>>18295564
Op, you really have to study more about philosophy if you think there being a god even matters or not. I was where you were 2 years ago when i got hit by a car and had to put university on hold. Now that my gf dumped me im finally moving on with my life. You see. You are building comfort because you are afraid. And we all are afraid. But the problem with comfort is that it internally kills your will to live. I am really not that far from where you are op. Move out, find work to sustain you, and build your emotional intelegence. Remember that life is inherently on the cosmic scale pointless. But it really doesent matter! Because thats not what gives life meaning!
>>
Bit of an ADHD ramble for you here

I think atheists seem to find something in still trying to work towards spreading a value around or making things that keep going after they die, to try to influence some other people's conscious time on Earth to be good. There was a rapper named Edubble who was one that passed away at 34 recently but his music still carries on with his fans. I'm 19 and feel like it's gonna stick with me my whole life, it's already stuck with me for 6 years so far.

If nothing matters because we die, does it matter that it doesn't matter? Can we then move forward and keep working forward to something after that thought?

Lastly I recommend this I guess

https://markmanson.net/life-purpose

This kind spoke to me pretty well here while I've been trying to figure myself out in college and what I'm going to try to get out there and do once I'm done two years from now.

It's not too long of a reading, maybe it can give you a bit of an idea or a decent motivated feeling.

Also, I'd like to reiterate what someone posted about continuing to learn after school. It's good stuff man. I finally learned to draw after 19 years reading something called Drawing With The Right Side of the brain and now I can actually doodle something without it looking atrocious and it's neat.

Hope these two cents are worth something to you, good luck. I'm going to go wrap up a paper due soon and show back up in 2 hours out of curiosity.
>>
>>18295904
I'll take your advice to heart.

I believe you're correct about comfort.
It seems that it's immensely difficult for life to be anything more than ok. I believe the closest thing I can get to a purpose in this world can be found in connection with other human beings.

The primary reason I believe the existence of a god is important is because it absolves me of bringing life into a painful world. It would mean there is an afterlife, and it would ultimately all be worth it. I don't believe in a god though, and I can only see the cruelty of the world. I currently can't see a reason to bring life into a reality like this, but I hope to someday see that through what you've said to me.

There needs to be something worth something in working a terrible job.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.