[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Currently scrambling to finish a 12+ page paper due in 4 hours.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (7KB, 362x139px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 362x139px
Currently scrambling to finish a 12+ page paper due in 4 hours.
It's an 80% finished outline so far so I have to convert that to 12 pages of paragraphs, insert graphs, charts, and other media, format it, cite it, proofread and edit it, etc, and get it finished in that time.

Give me literally any advice at all on how to accomplish this better. I'm already doing the "just work on it faggot" approach.
Alternatively: Give me advice on not shutting down in panic as I rush to do this.
>>
>>18295368
Take the 10 per cent hit to your paper's grade or whatever policy your prof has. I guarantee it'll be a better grade if you take your time and make a good paper rather than rush it in 4 hours but make the deadline.
>>
>>18295368
-Make a title page if possible
-Start your works cited on a new page if your last page of text reaches at least halfway
-Google scholar has citations you can copy/paste
-Quotes over 4 lines should be their own paragraph (equals 4 extra lines of empty space)

Totally doable, good luck! If you feel a wave of panic coming on, take a 10 second break to breathe, where you do nothing but think about your breath.
>>
Pro tip: dont wait till last minute... Get a friend that will read you each line while you type it into final form.. Dont panic, you will cause yourself more mistakes...if all else fails, take a sick day.. Or tell the teacher the truth, you were a lazy bastard
>>
>>18295368
Proposition OP, Ill help you write it if there's compensation, but depends on what you're writing on, I'm not familiar with scientific studies/papers
>>
>>18295401
The last day of class is this coming week.
I cannot turn it in at all after tonight. It's tonight or it's a 0.

>>18295417
Laziness wasn't the issue.
I'm in 24 credit hours and was handling the workload fine, but then my computer got stolen out of my dorm while I was showering because my idiot roommate leaves the door open and has people in and out constantly.

I lost a lot of work, and had to redo half of it and have been rushing to finish it in this past week.
Talked to my professor and they're sympathetic but the deadline is departmental so they can't extend it any further. They MUST have grades in on Tuesday and they have to grade these papers AND the finals by then.

>>18295421
I'd be golden if it were a science paper. I'm an engineering major and love that shit. But it's a Rogerian English paper on a global sociopolitical issue.
>>
>>18295368
learn to use latex
>>
>>18295588
I majored in political science. What's the topic?
>>
>>18295588
I just read this, this wouldnt have happened if you had used sharelatex (saves your work online) also stop wasting time here just go write your damn paper
>>
Stop posting on 4chan and write your paper.
>>
Whelp. Got 50% of a paper in.
Hopefully I get enough pity points to keep my A.

>>18295645
Analysis of lobbying groups influencing politicians as well as public opinion concerning guns.

The influence of money from groups like the NRA and CSVG on public perception as well as legislation and whether or not it's helping or hurting progress on the topic.

>>18295625
>>18295646
Thanks. I've been looking into that sort of thing since then. This is my second semester so I'm new to 10 page essays and people wanting to steal my shit.

Any tips for latex? I've been using Google Drive instead.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.