[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi. I was meant to be getting married this year but I got cold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hi.

I was meant to be getting married this year but I got cold feet and pulled out at the last minute. I want to send a letter to my ex's mother, apologising for all the money and time expended in the wedding and to start building bridges with my ex again. What sort of stuff should I be saying? I want to say sorry but i'm difficulty putting it into words.
>>
>>18294439
A good apology comes in three parts.
1. Statement of the action you took and admission that it was wrong.
2. Statement of how you know it was wrong and what damage you caused.
3. Commitment to specific actions you will take, to repair that damage.

Anything in addition to this is almost certainly an excuse, rather than an apology. So be succinct, be honest, be mature, and be ready for the possibility that even a perfect apology may not be enough.

Good luck.
>>
>>18294439

I did the same thing and I really regret how I completely cut all ties with their parents. They were wonderful, I truly felt part of the family and I miss them so much.

I don't think I could write to them though - too much time has passed. Just write a few things down and see if it comes naturally. You don't want it to sound insincere.

Why did you get cold feet, anon?
>>
>>18294439

Thank you - I really like that structure and feel better about writing something up now.

#3 is going to be hard because there is a chance we could reconcile but I don't want to jump the gun.

>>18294504

I feel your pain, anon. I was really made to feel part of the family and I didn't appreciate it at the time.

I got cold feet throughout the wedding planning process. I was so, so happy when I proposed but it all went downhill. Small things, like not being to agree on a venue, arguing about sharing the planning workload, stupid things like that, until it built up and I could only feel dread about the big day. I love her completely and she wasn't being a bridezilla, it was just my own insecurities took over.
>>
>>18294439
You want to get back with your ex right?
She's going to have trouble trusting you because you abandoned her. Can you even trust yourself to stay this time? I wouldn't marry a guy who left me at the alter because I would be questioning if he really wanted to stay the whole duration of the marriage. Trust is really difficult to win back, are you up to working hard to gain her trust back little by little OP? It's going to take a lot of work and it will not be easy at all.
>>
>>18294439
Dude, marriage is a funeral with cake.
Has anyone here ever noticed that the "here comes the bride" song is the the Chopin's Funeral March song in reverse? It's true, check it out.
>>
What you did isnt cool you shouldnt bother that girl or her family.you probably cost them a shit ton of money.
You could write an apology saying you will pay 4 the money lost otherwise.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.