[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mom is 60 years old >single for a very long time >lonely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1493351978740.jpg (40KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
1493351978740.jpg
40KB, 800x598px
>mom is 60 years old
>single for a very long time
>lonely
>not a lot of friends
>online dating has been a bust. No one ever calls her back.

It kills me, you guys. Any tips for helping my mom find a boyfriend? She doesn't smoke, doesn't do drugs, drinks very little, has a full time job, is in pretty good shape, and likes to go out to dance and shit. I literally don't understand what the problem is.
>>
>>18294396
Where does she live?

I've always had a thing for older women.
>>
>>18294396
>mom is 60 years old
That's the issue. I'm into older women but never go past 45.
So that leaves men around 50 who are single. Men who are single @ 50 are either weird or divorced, ie bitter. She may get lucky though, but she is fishing in a sea of shit currently. It's hard enough for women are age to find a non-scumbag, it's near impossible for your Mom.
>>
>>18294435

She wants a serious relationship. No hit and runs, anon.

>>18294452
Thats what she says, but other women her age seem to get boyfriends no problem. I don't understand what shes doing wrong.
>>
my dad is 60 and also single sonce a long time. he goes on dates infrequently and sometimes has a gf for a couple of months. he's extremely fit and healthy for his age, very social and good looking. but he is also a bag of issues, like almost every person that's single at that age. i guess it's almost impossible to find someone you can tolerate and who can do the same for you at 60. both would have so much emotional bagage and questionable habits that formed over the years. none is willing to actually make bigger compromises and both have probably had bad experience with the other gender that left them cautious, cold and bitter. you might not be able to see this, but what do we know... maybe your mom is stating early on that she never wants this to get physical because she never learned to enjoy sex, or she sucks at communication, thinks all men just want the same, yadda yadda. there's a reason she's single and that reason is 50% the fact that men around her age that aren't in a stable relationship are walking red flags. i know it breaks your heart. it breaks mine and i hust wish my dad wouldn't have to be so lonely anymore and would find someobdy to love again. but i'm not very optimistic to be blunt...
>>
>>18294452
>find a non-scumbag
Females want scumbags.
>>
>>18294497

Fuck it, anon. Me and my mom are in New York, two hours away from the city. Where are you guys? My mom can be a pain in the ass but I promise you shes stable.
>>
Divorced older guys, that's it. Anyone with a GILF fetish will probably have plenty of other fetishes she doesn't need to be around.

If she's interested in doing so, she can set up a few dating profiles. Cannot advise on how to use these without them going to shit; never used them myself.
>>
>>18294542

My mom is too cheap to get a paid membership to these sites (lul) so she rocks the basic versioon. i've been thinking of buying a membership and setting up a profile for her myself, and maintaining it, screening all the dudes and only showing her the best of the best. To be truthful, my mom is not great with computers and I kind of wonder if her lack of a paid membership plus her technological impairment is hindering her search
>>
>>18294537
kek. that would be an awesome idea. but i'm actually located in europe. a shame. on the other side... my dad has always loved to travel and has spent some time in ny when he was younger. but mind you, he smokes weed.
>>
>>18294565

I think my mom could get passed that, but having one's dad literally go to a different country for a date is a little nuts lol.
>>
>>18294556
Can a female with e-dating experience weigh in on this?

I'm guessing the idea of pre-screening for her might be a good one. Not because you're a genius, but because older people are more susceptible to scammers and dating sites are probably jampacked with every possible kind of liar.
>>
>>18294581
a little. but he freuquently goes to other countries for longer times just for the sake of it. he loves meeting new people and stuff. but yeah, i'm not sure i would actuslly want your mom to go on a date with him since i would feel responsible and he's quiet something. he has a heart of gold, but he has a tendency to believe in conspiracy theories. he's not very fond of "society and the government"...
>>
>>18294586

My mom almost got scammed by someone who said that he was moving from South Africa to the states. They were corresponding back and forth for a few weeks. She was very interested in him. He then told her that there was a problem with his bank and that he needed money for a plane ticket. My mom noped out pretty fast. Shes pretty good at spotting scammers (she grew up in the city). I felt so bad for her though.
>>
>>18294590
My mom is a corrections officer and a pretty staunch liberal. She believes in government authority and following the rules. Nah, I don't know of it would work.
>>
>>18294478
Maybe she's just ugly and old Anon. It's not because she's your mother that she's automatically beautiful.
>>
>>18294586
Actually, the pre-screening is a good idea. I've had e-dating experience before. At first, it's quite rocky. She'll have a few problems finding the right guy. The thing is, you can't give up after a few bumps. Just constantly talking to other people, and connecting to those with the same interest and of course, with complementing attraction points will truly help her out.

It may sound desperate if looked on another perspective, but she really needs to dig through and continue the e-dating game. Eventually, she'll find someone.
>>
>>18294605

Shes really good looking for her age, though. Not a lot of wrinkles, healthy weight, good facial features, thick hair, likes to dress up. But shes Puerto Rican with a thick accent. My area has a lot of hicks that I think are turned by the idea of a latina.
>>
>>18294528
They want a man with a spine, which some men whom you think are scumbags actually have.
>>18294478
>Thats what she says, but other women her age seem to get boyfriends no problem. I don't understand what shes doing wrong.

Getting a boyfriend 40+ is really fucking hard. You are seeing survivor bias.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.