[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, I’ve been watching SaffronOlive’s Magic: The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: cheeri0s in standard best combo.jpg (113KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
cheeri0s in standard best combo.jpg
113KB, 1024x768px
Hey /adv/,

I’ve been watching SaffronOlive’s Magic: The Gathering videos on YouTube for a while and as a result now want to start playing MTGO myself. However, there’s a registration fee which can only be payed via credit card (which I don’t have; inb4 underage b&) or PayPal (which isn’t available in my country).

Any ideas on what to do?

I’ve been playing with the planeswalker decks in MTGO’s free trial for the past couple of days but that’s getting boring and XMage is lacking that competitive feel.
>>
>>18293799
get a prepaid visa or mastercard
>>
Just play magic duels instead.
>>
>>18293802
Any idea how to get these in Moldova? I can’t find anything on prepaid VISA cards from here and for a Mastercard (https://www.micb.md/tipuri-carduri-ru/) I apparently have to be of age.
>>
>>18293807
I already do. Since its launch, actually. It’s fun for a while but the limited card pool makes it kinda boring a couple of weeks after each release. Also, rarity restrictions and no best-of-3/sideboarding :(
>>
>>18293799
Play on XMage.
>>
>>18293839
Tried that already but as I said, it feels kinda lackluster when there’s no “ante” (i.e. playpoints in MTGO). As a result people ragequit frequently if the match-up is not to their liking.

Also, for some of the formats it takes ages to find any players :/
>>
Kek, they make you pay to use digital playing cards?

What a genius way to make money.
>>
>>18293856
Well, the registration fee hasn’t always been there. I think its main purpose is to prevent/discourage griefers and such which would have to pay $10 for each account once it gets banned.

But yeah, it’s pretty sad that Wizards haven’t released a contender for Hearthstone. Maybe “Magic (Digital) Next” will be that ... if it’s a game at all.
>>
>>18293799
I've been playing MtG for like 20 years, at a pretty high level for a while in there (played at a couple PTs), and I love the game. But honestly, Magic Online is expensive, and a piece of crap. I cannot stress how shitty it is as a program. It's a giant pile of spaghetti coding that crashes constantly. And the layout is painfully unintuitive. And WotC has refuse to put the money into making it a better product.

It sucks that it's the best way to play online, especially drafting or sealed events. Unless you REALLY love magic, and are ready to devote a good chunk of disposable income to it, I would honestly avoid it.
>>
>>18293977
Hrm. I didn’t look that bad when Seth played it. But I guess I’ll avoid it for now then and hope that Magic Next will be released this year as scheduled and actually be what I hope it’ll be ...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.